Way or Now Way, Volume, uh, Whatever

Another No Way/So Way challenge from Rory, aka, A Guy Called Bloke. So, here goes:

Been so drunk, just couldn’t walk

Oh so way. On such occasions, which go back many years, as I’m now mostly a teetotaler, I would just lay down with my arms wrapped around the porcelain goddess for the night.Cartoon teen boy sick in the toilet. Wishing he was dead

Had a near death experience

Oh no way.

Talked to yourself in public

Oh so way. Who doesn’t?

Lied about age in order to fit in to the crowd

Oh so way. Well, not so much to fit in with a crowd as much as using a fake ID to get into a drinking establishment when I was underage.

Gatecrashed a party

Oh so way. Who hasn’t?

Sniffed your underwear to see if it’s clean or dirty

Eww. Oh so no way.

Not paid a restaurant bill … deliberately

I’m ashamed to admit it but oh so way. Back in high school my buddy and I would go to a Hot Shoppes restaurant and we’d each order a Mighty Mo sandwich (a Big Mac precursor), French fries with gravy, and a Coke. When we were done, we’d go to the restroom, which was on the lower level, and then, after doing our business, walk back upstairs and exit the restaurant. And before you ask, yes, this was the same guy I was with when I got nabbed for attempting to steal a live chameleon.0df0c076-801d-4752-a098-cc3c81c948c5

Woken up in a strange place, oblivious as  to how you got there

Back in the day, oh so way.

Worn clothing inside out

Oh no way. Not intentionally, anyway.

Broken a mirror

Oh so way, but again, not intentionally.

Believed in a conspiracy theory

Define “conspiracy theory.” If believing that the Russians interfered with the 2016 presidential elections in the U.S. and also with the Brexit vote in the U.K., and if believing that Donald Trump is a willing pawn of Vladimir Putin and Russia are considered  to be “conspiracy theories” — and I don’t believe they are — then oh so way.

Been involved in a riot

Oh so way. I was involved in a protest against…well, guess who…and things got a little out of hand.

Punched someone

Oh so way, but I didn’t throw the first punch. Come to think of it, I don’t think I threw the last punch either. Just a bunch of punches in between. But you know, boys will be boys, amiright?

10 thoughts on “Way or Now Way, Volume, uh, Whatever

1. aguycalledbloke January 30, 2019 / 2:45 pm

Astonishing the complete and utter lack of knicker twitchers we have in the land of WP ! Lmao

Everyone is ew who does that! 🙂

Sorry giggling to myself over here in the Uk wearing my silly neck brace and with Scrappy looking at me oddly! “It’s okay Scrappy Dad’s not insane … yet!

Once more dear friend, excellento answers 🙂

2. Marilyn Armstrong January 30, 2019 / 10:28 pm

You were definitely more of a rake than I. I did get so drunk I couldn’t walk. ONCE. I hated it and never did it again. Also, it takes very little booze to knock me over. Like — one drink is enough! But you were a boy and boys (ahem) will be boys.

3. Marleen January 30, 2019 / 10:38 pm

When I was at the house my mother lives in [my dad’s house originally — which is now my and my mother’s house, though I don’t live there] for my dad’s funeral and for a month or two or so after, I remember twice having something to drink and twisting my ankle. This had not happened before and hasn’t happened since. I think it was a combination of sadness, stress (plus a particular kind of stress around my mother), and the alcohol on top of all that. I didn’t twist it so bad that I ended up really not being able to walk. One time (coming down the stairs) was a scare that I could sprain my ankle. The second time was a laugh… for me. My mother is extremely judgmental about ever having a drink, so I was on my own in the mirth. My oldest son and his wife had brought the wine, knowing it would find usefulness.

I have had a near death experience; not going to recounti it right now.
    Oh so way.

Talked to yourself in public? Lol; oh no way.

I haven’t lied about my age, but I do remember a boyfriend (older than I was) making a fake ID of me that he wanted me to use. I still have it.

Gatecrashed a party? Oh I so wish.

Underwear (underpants, to be specific) ought to be worn once (fresh from the laundry or the drawer), then put in the dirty clothes. No need to wonder.

Not paid a restaurant bill? No freakin’ way. Recently, it seemed like my waiter wanted me to feel free to leave without paying. But I couldn’t do it. I was sitting out on the front patio, so it would’ve been easy. But I walked inside and made sure I got my bill.

I haven’t woken not knowing how I got where I was, but I’ve stopped relaxing on a floating raft to realize I wasn’t paying attention and got quite burnt. Other weird things happened that day (into night too); for instance, my boyfriend looked exactly like he was his mother. And I ate around a campfire where I was given something I called really, really good chicken… although it was Cornish hen, and so that was a little insulting to the stranger who had given it to me. (I’d had Cornish hen before too, so I should’ve noticed what it was. But it was a weird day.) [But to directly answer the specific question, no.]

A few months ago, yes, I was in a hurry to go somewhere with one of my sons and put on my second shirt (something diaphanous over a sports top) too quickly. When I got where we were going, I noticed the problem and couldn’t live with it. I went into a side room (even though the walls were only glass) and fixed it.

I haven’t really “broken” a mirror but put a mark in one (like thirty years ago) by tossing something onto my dresser (that I’d not thought through had something hard attached).

I was right on the border of believing in conspiracy theories… because of the politics to which my mother made sure I was exposed. I broke for the real world instead.

I haven’t been in a riot, but a friend and I started a watermelon fight at camp (outside). Very uncharacteristic for me. (It was fun.)

I punched someone once, but not hard (and I didn’t start it).

4. Marleen January 31, 2019 / 1:34 am

How did you break a mirror?

• Fandango January 31, 2019 / 7:17 am

One of the times it was a small, round hand mirror and it slipped from my hand.

• Marleen February 1, 2019 / 4:08 pm

I think I chipped a piece off of one of my rearview mirrors when getting ice off of it. Somebody chipped it; I’ll take the blame. I’m glad cars have heated mirrors now.

5. leigha66 February 14, 2019 / 8:26 pm

Another good group of answers… I think that friend with you when you ducked out on the restaurant was a bad influence, LOL.