Getting to Know Me

e209deb4-558f-4f7f-9c1c-b2db9d83a72aLaura, at Lauravent69, came up with this new “Getting to Know You” challenge. It’s sort of like the Share Your World prompt that Melanie, over at Sparks From a Combustible Mind, posts every Monday, but with more questions and with the rule to tag two other bloggers to answer the questions. Anyway, here are Laura’s questions and my answers.320d7b4c-dc5b-4386-a0ec-6cd4043172f01. Name a moment in your life when you felt you were most courageous.

I honestly don’t know that I’ve ever done anything truly courageous. But probably the most adventurous thing I’ve ever done was when I persuaded my then girlfriend (and now my wife) to go on a two-week motorcycle/camping trip with me when we’d been dating for only a couple of months. The most courageous moment she ever had was when she agreed to go on that two-week motorcycle/camping trip with me.

2. If you had to choose only one breakfast cereal for the rest of your life, which one would it be?

Total.0a9313e6-8850-4060-888b-04d7437eeb39

3. When have you felt the most scared?

The first time I held my newborn baby girl. Not because I was scared of dropping her, but because I was scared by the tremendous responsibility for taking care of and nurturing this brand new life was going to be.

4. If you could sing like any musical artist, who would you choose?

Wow, this is a tough one because there are so many musical artists I would love to be able to sing like. I guess if I had to narrow it down to one singer, though, I’d have to go with Roy Orbison. He had such a crisp, clean, strong voice with an amazing range.

5. Do you collect anything?

Well, technically it’s not a collection, but whenever I buy anything with cash and get change, I always take whatever pocket change I have at the end of each day and put it in a glass jar. When we moved from the east coast to the west coast about a decade ago, I had a collection of about two dozen class jars of change and when I lugged them all to the bank because I didn’t want to transport all of these jars full of coins across country, it turned out that my collection of pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters amounted to about $1,300!0736588e-4f39-4efd-aacd-48299bf11b9f

6. If you could live inside a TV show or movie, what would it be?

It would have to be a sitcom. Maybe something like “All in the Family,” since my father-in-law was a lot like Archie Bunker and I was more like “the Meathead.”f7accda4-277b-45bc-a8a8-be23374dcbbc

7. Have you ever had a reoccurring dream? If so, what was it?

Three. Read all about them HERE.

8. What’s your Zodiac sign?

ab56c1fe-a0e3-4af9-87c0-e4811008c757

Now, as to two bloggers to tag, I pick Li over at Tao-Talk and Jim Adams at A Unique Title for Me.

19 thoughts on “Getting to Know Me

1. Laura Venturini January 28, 2019 / 5:53 am

Roy Orbison-excellent choice!! I thought I collect a lot of change! Holy shit!! 😂
    Thanks for participating!! I loved it!

2. drtanya@saltedcaramel January 28, 2019 / 7:13 am

My kids have jars and tins of coins that they have saved over the years. My bank promised to accept them but said we had to do the counting ourselves. My kids are too lazy to do this.
    Who did you get to count your two dozen jars?

3. Melanie B Cee January 28, 2019 / 8:46 am

I wasn’t nominated, but I’m going to ‘play’ any way. How interesting. A bit of Fandango for a sunny Monday morning! Lovely!

4. msjadeli January 28, 2019 / 10:06 am

Good choice on #4. Love #5. Thanks for thinking of me 🙂

5. Marleen January 28, 2019 / 12:28 pm

I liked watching All in the Family while I wouldn’t want to live in it. Nevertheless, maybe I did live in it to a tiny extent. I was surprised to learn my dad thought my mom’s dad was a little like Archie. Well, he did wear a hat whenever he went out. It was a somewhat neater or dressier hat, however. And I think of my grandfather as wearing crisp suits a lot. More significantly, he did not drink or smoke at home or anywhere else. But it is the case, more significantly yet, that he was against Catholicism. He respected my dad, though (as there would be no reason* not to), and was polite to him. He could drop a h-e-hockeysticks from time to time (Dad didn’t).

My mom’s mom, meanwhile, cooked with my dad and gardened with my dad when he was there at their home. (Now I’m traveling down memory lane. My grandpa did the lawn work like mowing, and my dad didn’t participate in that at their house. [My dad did the yard work at our own house. My mom did no gardening or yard work at all anywhere.])

* I don’t know what Grandpa would’ve been like had my mom and dad continued in Catholicism as parents. He did gently convey a warning to my mother ahead of time, I’m told. (My viewpoint is she didn’t need to be deterred on religion internally, she was ahead of her time in terms of playing the Republican role that confounds thinking people today.)

6. leigha66 February 11, 2019 / 4:41 pm

Good answers! My family always watched All In The Family… I would have to say the closest person to an Archie in my life would have been my ex-father-in-law, but he still has a ways to go to meet Archie.