Plummeting Approval Ratings

994cafa9-7d21-421e-9e35-cf1ea7f639f8“I don’t understand why my approval rating is plummeting,” the President said. “I’ve accomplished more in my first two years than all other presidents combined.”

“It’s the government shutdown, sir,” Jared said. “People aren’t happy about that and they blame you.”

“Blame me? It’s the Democrats’ fault. They don’t want to give me my wall. I want my wall. I’m determined to get my wall,” POTUS said.

“The truth is, Mr. President,” Sarah said, “that most Americans are against the wall. The polls show….”

“The polls?” Trump interrupted. “What do the polls know? Didn’t the polls forecast that I’d lose bigly to Crooked Hillary? And yet my victory was the biggest landslide in presidential election history. Isn’t that right, Ivanka?”

“Yes, Daddy. It was marvelous, just like my line  shoes, purses, and jewelry.”

“Exactly,” POTUS said with a smile. “We have to do something big. I can’t just float around like a piece of fucking driftwood, you know. I’m a star, we need to grab this thing like I grab women’s pussies, dammit.”

“I know,” said Mick Mulvaney. “Let’s end the shutdown, Mr. President. You’ll be hailed as a hero, sir.”

“Fuhgedabboudit!” Trump shouted. “I know. Let’s rent a large arena and stage a giant rally. No wait, a yuge stadium. It will be broadcast across all the networks. Millions will watch me. Then all those stupid suckers will love me again. The best president ever.

Written for these daily prompts: Word of the Day Challenge (combine), Fandango’s One-WordPress Challenge (determined), Ragtag Daily Prompt (forecast), Your Daily Word Prompt (marvelous), Michael’s Writing Prompts (driftwood), and Daily Addictions (arena).

18 thoughts on “Plummeting Approval Ratings

1. Paula Light January 25, 2019 / 11:03 am

It would be funnier if you didn’t have the actual videotape from Kellyanne. 😡

• msjadeli January 25, 2019 / 2:06 pm

ok, when i saw “kelly conway clip” i wondered (but didn’t look for the clip, i hate her. she looks like the alien in alien resurrection!)

2. newepicauthor January 25, 2019 / 11:39 am

I thought that you encountered one of those autocorrect mishaps again, but yuge is the pronunciation of the word huge in a New York accent.

• Fandango January 25, 2019 / 2:02 pm

It’s the way Trump says it, be he is a New Yorker.

3. lifelessons January 25, 2019 / 12:30 pm

The scary thing is that much as one wants to believe this is hyperbolic fiction, it is so closely in line with the truth.

• Fandango January 25, 2019 / 2:36 pm

Yes, that is the scary thing. Very scary indeed.

4. Christine Bolton January 25, 2019 / 12:34 pm

What a clever and very funny use of the prompts! I love your Trump blasts…sorry posts! 🤣🤣