Doomed!

b6905cf2-2498-407c-a024-e5199cc4815bWhen I was drinking coffee this morning while reading the newspaper, my wife commented that nothing has been done since the 2016 election to fix the issues with voting machines being hacked, to combat Russian interference, to address voter suppression, or to fix state gerrymandering where Democrats receive more votes but Republicans win more seats.

“I have no doubt that, given all this, Trump will be re-elected in 2020,” she said. And then she suggested that Trump is positioning his daughter, Ivanka, to run in 2024, hoping to keep the Trump dynasty going. “That would also make Ivanka Trump the first woman president,” she added.

Ugh. Talk about a worst-case scenario!

We’re doomed!

And then, on a totally unrelated topic, I read an article on a site called Daily Writing Tips that “Google likes 1,500-word posts now, and dislikes 500-word ones.” 1,500 words? Seriously? Dislikes 500 word posts? Oh crap. My average post length so far this year is only 227 words! So much for having any of my posts show up highly ranked in Google searches.

I’m doomed!

26 thoughts on “Doomed!

1. Sadje January 18, 2019 / 10:40 am

I am sorry to say that reading a post of more than 300 words seriously taxes my concentration. 230 or so is excellent. As for Ivanka!!!! No way, please.

2. pensitivity101 January 18, 2019 / 10:47 am

I’m pushed some days to do 150 words, let alone 1500.
    As for the Trump issue…………………. we’ve got our own problems (sigh)

• Fandango January 18, 2019 / 11:30 am

Yes, you are the master of long posts. I assume you’re not talking about President Ivanka.

3. Marleen January 18, 2019 / 11:24 am

I recognize that picture, as well as the corresponding word (title). It’s important to be aware and alert (and to create corresponding art). But I’m more hopeful in terms of our larger society; it can be hard to hold onto that at times.

• Fandango January 18, 2019 / 11:35 am

I’m not sure I get your comment about corresponding art and title.

• Marleen January 18, 2019 / 12:13 pm

You will see that image at 3:33 to 3:39. And here are some lyrics:
        ….

Blessed are the fornicates
        May we bend down to be their whores
        Blessed are the rich
        May we labor, deliver them more

Blessed are the envious
        Bless the slothful, the wrathful, the vain
        Blessed are the gluttonous
        May they feast us to famine and war

What of the pious, the pure of heart, the peaceful?
        What of the meek, the mourning, and the merciful?

….

What of the pious, the pure of heart, the peaceful?
        What of the meek, the mourning, and the merciful?

What of the righteous? What of the charitable?
        What of the truthful, the dutiful, the decent?

Doomed are the poor
        Doomed are the peaceful
        Doomed are the meek
        Doomed are the merciful

For ….

A Perfect Circle – The Doomed [Official Video]

• Marleen January 18, 2019 / 1:18 pm

I like that you identify with that emotion for the term.

4. Marleen January 18, 2019 / 12:30 pm

Trump ADMITS He’s Losing

5. Cyranny January 18, 2019 / 1:08 pm

I heard that when Trudeau was told about the possibility of a Trump dynasty, he called China to get tips on building long-lasting walls! 😛

6. Cyranny January 18, 2019 / 1:14 pm

Oh, and as for posts’ length, I never really expected Google to get interested in what I was doing anyway, so it’ll keep ignoring me, and I won’t stop not caring at all 😛 Mouahahahahahah