It’s No Mystery

85455f45-d480-41d2-a737-5f46a6dae1c7…why Sadje, at Keep It Alive, keeps being nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award. But what is a mystery, to me, anyway, is that she included my blog as one of those she “gifted” with this award. Thank you Sadje.

Sadje asked a series of questions and the least I can do is answer them. Here goes.

If you could choose one super power, what would it be and why?

The ability to see myself as others see me, since my perception of myself is skewed by decades of self-deception.

What stimulates your brain to produce its best, a beverage, a muse or anything else?

Coffee wakes me up, beer drunks me up, pot dumbs me up. Love lifts me up.

If you are alone in the house and a door slams upstairs with sound of running feet, what are you going to do?

I’d wake up my dog and tell her to “go sic ‘em.”34919EC7-722C-466B-A1BB-478D8939A310.jpeg

Seeing your image in the mirror, what is the predominant thought?

Who’s that old fart staring at me?

What sort of movie you have to go and see, even if the ticket is $100? And there will be no Netflix or DVD release!

There is no movie in the world that I would pay $100 to go see.

Is climate change theory real or a conspiracy to save the earth?

Climate change is NOT a conspiracy theory. It’s real and the only way we’re going to save the planet is if we stop denying it and take action to do something about it!

Rory, A Guy Called Bloke, also was gifted with multiple Mystery Blogger Awards and he, too, asked a series of questions. And while my blog was not one he “gifted,” I’m going to answer his questions anyway.

What is something that is really popular now, but in 5 years everyone will look back on and be embarrassed by?

Those stupid selfies that people take where they add animal ears, noses, mouths, and other stupid “accoutrements” to their visages and think it’s cute or something and post those pictures on Snapchat or Instagram. In five years they’ll see those stupid selfies and wonder “What the fuck was I thinking?”9688DDB3-D97B-4901-ABB6-10FBAB2A8553.png

What used to be considered trashy but now is very classy?

Ripped jeans for some reason that I’m unable to fathom.7dd686cb-a1ca-4087-b71a-bd2360bc7ca1

Are you a rule breaker or bender?

I bend it like Beckham.

Which body part do you wish you could detach and why?

I do not wish to detach any body part. Why would I want to do that?

Toilet paper, over or under the holder?

Over is the only civilized way. And for crissake, please don’t squeeze the Charmin!825058d2-95fe-402f-9c10-c00bb8d628d0

23 thoughts on “It’s No Mystery

1. aguycalledbloke January 14, 2019 / 3:48 am

Ha ha brilliant!

I am still oh so utterly confused as to the over/under formula, is there something l am missing?

It doesn’t reflect upon the amount of toilet paper you use, unless you use copious amounts anyway?

Bend it like Beckham is the way to be.

Not my question .. but l loved it and the answer ..

I’d wake up my dog and tell her to “go sic ‘em.”

• cagedunn January 14, 2019 / 12:02 pm

Over means less likelihood of spiders hiding behind/on the loo-paper … Do over!

• aguycalledbloke January 14, 2019 / 3:21 pm

Ah yes Cage, l can appreciate that especially from down under, however l remember long ago of a red backed spider perched underneath the toilet seat itself in one house we lived in!

• aguycalledbloke January 14, 2019 / 3:40 pm

Well it’s the one l saw in the toilet, l had of course seen a lot more in other places :0

• cagedunn January 14, 2019 / 3:44 pm

When I’ve lived in houses (that’s a bit grand for some of them, but …) with the outdoor libraries (aka loo), we did a regular ‘sweep’ before going in – snakes, spiders, long-tail goannas (geckos, skinks, blue-tongues all welcome), and a variety of other critters … but the scariest thing to most people were the spideys. And if they’d ever been bitten, even once, but a red-back, they’d rather drive all the way to the local pub for a … quick pit stop.

• aguycalledbloke January 14, 2019 / 3:51 pm

Yes, totally understandable! Mind you bull ants pack a nasty punch, l once fell into a nest of those buggers!

• Fandango January 14, 2019 / 4:53 pm

Other than on camping trips, I’ve never used an “outdoor loo,” nor have I lived in a place that didn’t have indoor plumbing.

2. Sadje January 14, 2019 / 3:53 am

Entertaining and honest! Thanks for taking the time, I hope you like the “gift “of the awards. ☺️🤓

3. Marleen January 14, 2019 / 9:54 am

Conspiracies to save the earth sound like the good kind.

• Marleen January 14, 2019 / 10:23 am

Although…

… there are people who say the solution is getting rid of people.