FOWC with Fandango — Enmity

FOWCWelcome to January 11, 2019 and to Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (aka, FOWC). It’s designed to fill the void after WordPress bailed on its daily one-word prompt.

I will be posting each day’s word just after midnight Pacific Time (US).

Today’s word is “enmity.”

Write a post using that word. It can be prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction. It can be any length. It can be just a picture or a drawing if you want. No holds barred, so to speak.

Once you are done, tag your post with #FOWC and create a pingback to this post if you are on WordPress. Or you can simply include a link to your post in the comments.

And be sure to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this prompt. You will marvel at their creativity.

31 thoughts on “FOWC with Fandango — Enmity

1. Marleen January 11, 2019 / 10:33 am

I’ve developed a little enmity with this word. It’s a little odd to speak with the n and m right next to each other, so I remember focusing and being sure of which way to pronounce it when I was reading it one day. Then I was taking a community class (not with a university but well-respected) some years later and saw the word spelled the other way around. I mentioned it (as I was questioning myself internally), and everyone acted like they didn’t know what I was talking about; there was a mention of ACT/SAT trivia from one person and affirmation of the wrong spelling from at least one other. I think they in fact didn’t know and wanted to be nice to the presenter or safe (although the presenter had not created the book).

I think it would roll off the tongue more easily if the m were before the n, and many people say it that way. But…

… have to get over this.

• Fandango January 11, 2019 / 1:50 pm

I agree that “emnity” rolls off the tongue much easier than “enmity. But it is what it is, isn’t it?

2. myforever77 January 11, 2019 / 4:09 pm

I wonder why my pingback disappeared … could it be enmity or emmity … oh well! sigh ♥

• Fandango January 11, 2019 / 6:05 pm

Weird that you pingback disappeared. Some strange things happening on WordPress. Just read your post. Thanks for participating.

• Fandango January 11, 2019 / 7:31 pm

I just discovered your pingback in my spam file. Why it went to spam I have no idea.

• myforever77 January 12, 2019 / 6:45 am

Thanks for taking the time reply back to me, and thanks also for the prompt words each day.