Fandango’s Provocative Question #9

FPQEach week I will pose what I think is a provocative question. By provocative, I don’t mean a question that will cause annoyance or anger. Nor do I mean a question intended to arouse sexual desire or interest.

This week’s provocative question gets a bit personal. All of us have things we have to deal with as we live out our daily lives. So the question this week is:

“What are you struggling with the most right now?”

Some of you might be uncomfortable answering such a personal and possibly intrusive question. And that’s why I’m going to pose an alternative question:

Feel free to answer either question. Or both.

If you choose to participate, write a post with your response to the question. Once you are done, tag your post with #FPQ and create a pingback to this post if you are on WordPress. Or you can simply include a link to your post in the comments.

And most important, have fun.

26 thoughts on “Fandango’s Provocative Question #9

1. talesfromthemindofkristian January 9, 2019 / 3:08 am

“What are you struggling with the most right now?” – A cold, but I’ll get over it. Lots of Vitamin C and I’ll be back to my usual self soon.

“As a blogger, do you enjoy ‘virtual relationships’? Do you consider them to be real?” – They are real, but only up to a point. It is just like having a pen pal or a friend that you live so far away from that you just speak on the phone now and then. You can make friends on the blogosphere, of course, they could never be quite as deep and meaningful as a full face to face friendship, but then sometimes it’s nice not to have that. I have been surprised at how engaging people are on the blogosphere and I would certainly consider them friends.

• Fandango January 9, 2019 / 6:01 pm

I hope the vitamin C works. And drink plenty of water, too. As to virtual relationships, outside of my immediate family and a very small circle of close friends, I have more virtual relationships than real world relationships.

2. The Haunted Wordsmith January 9, 2019 / 4:47 am

Struggling with: forcing myself to focus on what I *need* to be doing

Virtual relationships: Are you saying you’re not real? As a solid introvert, I prefer this form of interaction far more than in-person. Sure, I’ll do anything and everything I need to in the real world, but virtual interaction cuts out all the stress and BS of dealing with people.

• Fandango January 9, 2019 / 6:04 pm

Yeah, I agree that sometimes virtual relationships can be easier and, in some cases, more fulfilling, than real world relationships.

3. stoner on a rollercoaster January 9, 2019 / 5:18 am

Strugling with..Surprisingly nothing! At this moment nothing at all.

I do enjoy virtual relationships and they have been real for me more than some real world friends.

4. Irene January 9, 2019 / 6:48 am

losing those extra pounds, especially after the holidays!

5. Marleen January 9, 2019 / 11:07 am

There is such thing as “virtual relationships” — which can be enjoyed (and which I do enjoy). But one must be astute and very careful… and realistic.

6. aguycalledbloke January 9, 2019 / 2:25 pm

“What are you struggling with the most right now?”

What am l NOT struggling with is perhaps the better question – l am struggling with my shoulder and awaiting the surgery dates, l am struggling with my Sister and my Father’s estate and her complete and utter imbecility concerning not taking friendly advice and l am struggling with balance on my blog.

Apart from the fact that you do not display to the world your Avatar ID, you are a real person. I noted Teresa’s answer and whilst l am not a introvert l am, l prefer online – friendship’s many a time over real life friendships and l think this is quite possibly due to my Asperger’s.. To me the latter can result in that awkward ‘wet patch’ scenario, whereas many a time due to the lesser expectation of an online friendship, you do not experience that.

Of course there is a difference. An online friendship develops at a more realistic rate than some real life friendships.

You and l Fandango are not swinging buddies enjoying a beer swilling friendship and go out nightly and soon tire, no we are slowly building up an online friendship and like reality, true friendships can take time to establish. We can enjoy each other’s company through a literary laugh and smile, enjoy what we write, engage in the puzzles of life and or nude skiing.

But are the online virtual friendships real? Well as l said, behind the screen you are a real person interacting and engaging with people.

Online friendships are as real or false as one makes them.

• Fandango January 9, 2019 / 8:02 pm

I’m sorry about all the things you’ve struggling with. But I think finding a good balance between living life and blogging is a struggle many of us share. I know it’s a struggle for me.

As to virtual relationships, we are all, as you said, real people. But each of us shares only what we want to share and create a persona that we want others to see. Still, I agree that virtual friendship can be real and rewarding. Sometimes even more so that real world relationships. Thanks for answering, Rory.

7. House of Heart January 9, 2019 / 4:37 pm

I am worried about a friend right now, A virtual friend or one might say a long distance friendship. They are very real.

8. crushedcaramel January 9, 2019 / 4:54 pm

Oh I missed the online relationships question!
    Online relationships are top – no blogger has ever asked to borrow money or been jealous of my boyfriend.

9. leigha66 January 15, 2019 / 1:43 pm

I’m struggling with taking care of my Dad and his increasing dementia. I have a very close friend who started out as an online friend about nine years ago now. So yes, virtual relationships are very real.