Well I Have Never…Or Have I?

f67b4f1c-f210-48f5-93b0-f20fe5dc1e73Rory saw something on “The Ellen Show” and he decided to have a go with it on his blog. It begins with a simple statement that starts “Never have I ever….” The participants in the game respond with either “I Have” or “I Have Never.”

So Rory has posed a series of “Never have I ever” statements and has asked us to simply post one of those two responses, as applicable.

Here goes:

Never have I ever taken a sexy selfie.

I have. But, no, I am not going to share it with you.

Never have I ever kissed a celebrity.

I have never.

Never have I ever been kicked out of a bar.

I have. The Devonshire Bar & Grill.

Never have I ever been asked to leave a church.

I have. Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve. Not this past Christmas Eve. It was way, way back when I was in high school.

Never have I ever ridden a motorbike.

I have. I have owned and ridden three different motorcycles through the years. Do they count as “motorbikes”?

Never have I ever have a l farted in public.

I have. Both accidentally and intentionally.

Never have I ever have l lied to get a job.

I have never.

Never have I ever been nude skiing.

I refuse to answer this questions on the grounds that it’s self-incriminating.

Never have I ever eaten a fried witchitty grub.

I have never. At least not to the best of my knowledge, since I have no idea what a fried witchitty grub is.

Never have I ever peed in the shower.

I have. Every time I take a shower.

17 thoughts on “Well I Have Never…Or Have I?

1. Marilyn Armstrong January 7, 2019 / 8:50 pm

I’ve never taken a sexy selfie because by the time selfies were invented, I wasn’t sexy anymore. I’ve never been kicked out of a bar, but to be fair, i don’t drink.

The only celebrity I ever kissed is my husband. Does that count?

Never been thrown out of a church, but I have been begged to join one or more. I just can’t do it. Too much Yiddishkeit.

Never lied to get a job because you never get away with it. Inevitably, the ONE thing you lied about is going to be the first thing they ask you to do when you get there.

Nude skiiing? How about clothed skiing? Didn’t do that, either.

What is a fried witchitty grub? Sounds icky.

I pee before I shower. Men can point and shoot. Women can’t.

Everyone farts.

I’ve been the backup to many motorcycle riders, including my brother who was a great biker. But I don’t ride myself. I wanted to, but motherhood and full-time work got in my way.

There. Now I don’t have to write one of these. Phew.

• rugby843 January 8, 2019 / 1:48 pm

I agree with you, M. No grubs of any kind. Too cold to ski nude. No peeing in the shower. Never kicked out of church or bar. No selfies, gross! And farting? Like M said, everyone does it. Ive ridden a motorcycle a few times as a passenger and drive a moped, ended up in an accident.

2. Marleen January 7, 2019 / 9:35 pm

Were.you asked to leave the church because you farted on Christmas Eve?

• Fandango January 7, 2019 / 10:28 pm

Ha! No, I was asked to leave because I was there with a friend who got into an altercation with some guy and things got rather loud and nasty. So it was guilt by association in my case.

3. rugby843 January 8, 2019 / 1:44 pm

I agree with Rory. Who cleans your shower? Ew! I wouldn’t mind seeing the nude skiing but the shower? Yuck!

• Marilyn Armstrong January 8, 2019 / 2:23 pm

Yes, but not into the sewer. And there are some terrible things in our drains. That’s not going to improve them.

4. Nova January 11, 2019 / 5:28 am

Younger generations play this quite often. I have started it many times in my social pages. It’s interesting, to say the least.

• Fandango January 11, 2019 / 7:45 am

I have never heard of this games before, but I don’t watch Ellen, so there you go.

5. Marleen January 11, 2019 / 9:45 am

I have not been kicked out of a bar, but have left a bar with the guy I was mainly with to only start walking down the street in the direction of (his [their/their mother’s]) home, not a short walk. His brother was the other guy I was with, in whose car we can arrived there. His brother was sort of starting a fight by playing mental games with a man sitting at the bar.

Then his brother left too (maybe five minutes later) and came after us, saying he couldn’t let me walk down the street with this weird guy (his brother, the guy I was mainly with); someone had to protect me, he said. I wasn’t old enough to drink when this happened, and I had no intention of having anything to drink. I was just with these silly guys (old enough).

6. leigha66 January 13, 2019 / 7:21 pm

Back when I was in college this was a drinking game. If you have you drink, if you get caught in a lie you drink twice. As the night went on it really got very personal usually. Being rather naïve I was stuck on the sober side of things a lot of nights… but boy did you learn things about others LOL!