Share Your World — The Year’s End

It’s her final Share Your World post for 2018, so this, too, will be my final Share Your World response of the year to Melanie’s final Share Your World post of the year.

For the parents in the crowd:  What would be the absolute worst name you might give your child? If you’re not a parent (I’m not), then what’s the worst name you could give your pet?

Any name that other kids will have a tendency to make fun of or to create a mean nickname.

What mildly annoying curse might you wish you could curse annoying people with?

Are you asking about a curse as in a spell, or a curse as in a “dirty” word? In the case of the former, I am neither a witch nor a wizard, so I lack the ability to cast a curse. In the case of the latter, if someone was annoying me, I might tell that person to “F-off,” but I’m not sure how “mild” a curse that would be. Maybe I’d just tell them to “go suck an egg.”

What’s the weirdest thing you did as a child?

I would purposely drop ice cream on the sidewalk in front of my house, wait for it to melt and for the ants to come find it. When enough ants got there, I’d grab a hammer from my father’s tool chest and start smashing all of the poor ants with it. Of course, this was way before violent video games existed. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking with it.

Do you believe things happen for a reason or are random?

And finally, in the spirit of New Year’s: What’s a resolution (if you make them, I don’t) you’re making for the New Year?   How confident are you in keeping it a reasonable amount of time?

Sorry, but I don’t make New Year’s resolutions because I’m confident that I won’t keep them.

12 thoughts on “Share Your World — The Year’s End

1. Marilyn Armstrong December 31, 2018 / 8:43 am

I don’t remember the worst name I could give my son, but it was something his father thought sounded cool. I said “You don’t even KNOW the kid. Why would you do that to him?” Everything I did as a kid was a bit weird. It would be hard to pick one.

Things happen for a reason (bad planning for example, neglect, overspending) and then they happen randomly (big truck at roundabout). Both.

Lacking any form of useful magic, I don’t curse. I do tell people to fuck off. Does that count?

In the spirit of New Year’s resolutions, add that to the bucket list I don’t have. Don’t make them, have never kept one. I don’t even try.

2. Melanie B Cee December 31, 2018 / 8:57 am

Thanks for Sharing Your Worlds, Fandango AND Marilyn (hey, one stone, two birds)..not that I’d harm a bird Oh dear. I don’t ‘do’ resolutions either, don’t need the guilt when I stop doing something that obviously I never wanted to do, which is why one might have to ‘resolve’ to do it. Maybe stop rambling so much in my writing? Hey! 😉 Happy New Years to all of you! 🙂

• Fandango December 31, 2018 / 9:04 am

Happy New Year to you, Melanie.

3. anupturnedsoul December 31, 2018 / 9:17 am

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

Twinsies, sort of, I also used to “experiment” with ants as a child. Then they turned the tables and “experimented” on me, so I stopped 😉

Cool post, Fandango!!!

4. Sadje December 31, 2018 / 9:53 am

Totally honest answers, even the ant 🐜 killer one.

5. JT Twissel December 31, 2018 / 10:24 am

I don’t make resolutions either. Happy New Year! And don’t spill the ice cream.

• Fandango December 31, 2018 / 3:19 pm

Ian an adult now. The ice cream is all mine! Waste not, want not!