SoCS — Huh?

I’m not sure what to make of the latest Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt from Linda G. Hill. She wrote:

“Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “ask someone else.” Either ask someone for a prompt word or, if you can’t, turn on a TV or a radio and choose a word from the first sentence you hear.”

Following Linda’s instructions, last night after dinner I turned to my wife and said, “Give me a prompt word for my Stream of Consciousness Saturday post.”

She said, “You want a prompt word from me? Okay. How about ‘dishes’? Put down the goddam iPhone and wash the dinner dishes. I cooked, you clean. That’s our deal.”

So I put down my iPhone and turned on the TV.7C7501C1-7764-4779-97A5-719C4C57BCDCOf course, the word that stuck out in the first sentence I heard was “Trump.”

Damn, I am so sick of hearing that douchbag’s name. So I turned off the TV and washed the goddam dinner dishes. Then I picked up my iPhone, logged onto WordPress and composed this post, which I scheduled to be published at 3 am today my time.

End of story.

16 thoughts on “SoCS — Huh?

1. blindzanygirl December 29, 2018 / 3:18 am

Lol Fandango. You won in the end then. Or maybe not! Them damned dishes!

• Fandango December 29, 2018 / 7:18 am

No, he probably hires illegal immigrants to do his dishes.

2. Michael December 29, 2018 / 8:07 am

You can’t get away from him can you? It might have been healthier to wash the dishes!!

3. Margret December 29, 2018 / 8:13 am

Same happens in my home, I cook and my husband wash the dishes. I think the majority of the couples is rule number 1. Love the post.

• Fandango December 29, 2018 / 8:45 am

Thanks. Yes, that works for us. Share the workload.

4. J-Dub December 29, 2018 / 8:43 am

Good deal to have!! Ours is reversed. He cooks and I clean.

5. leigha66 January 3, 2019 / 7:43 pm

Interesting prompt. I see you just can’t get away from Donny.