What I See

7C8260CB-C309-4420-9093-4A31A7483F8ESome of you may be critical of this post because it isn’t reflective of the spirit of Christmas. And you’d be right, it’s not. But that’s because I’m upset, angry, and disgusted.

I see the stock market tanking, wiping out gains in people’s 401(k) retirement savings accounts, including my own. I see the prices for consumer goods rising thanks to Trump’s unnecessary, ill-conceived trade wars.

I see a man and his Republican sycophants bound and determined to take away healthcare benefits from the citizens of the country who need it the most. I see the government shutting down just before Christmas, putting hundreds of thousands out of work, because of Trump’s wet dream about building a wall on our border with Mexico.

I see America’s standing in the world in free-fall due to Trump’s nationalistic lunacy. I see the president of the United States being seen as a laughing stock around the globe. I see our so-called leader being so easily manipulated by our adversaries. I see the rise of racism, hate crimes, misogyny, homophobia, and division in America, all enabled and encouraged by Trump’s rhetoric.

I see a human tragedy unfolding at our southern border, where people seeking legal asylum are being literally jailed in makeshift detention centers and young, innocent children are being indefinitely separated from their parents.

I see a conscious and deliberate effort to roll back environmental protections, to promote fossil fuels (coal, gas, oil) over clean energy sources, like solar and wind. I see a separation from the rest of the entire world on climate accords.

I see total chaos in Washington with a dangerous, paranoid, vindictive, lying narcissist sitting in the Oval Office. I see a man in the White House who is an unfit, unhinged, unqualified conman, who has no business pretending to be the leader of the free world.

So, at the risk of being called a grinch, I say to all of the lemmings who voted for and continue to support the abomination, Donald Trump, Merry fucking Christmas. I hope you’re happy with the coal in your stockings that you hung by the chimney with care.

14 thoughts on “What I See

1. cagedunn December 24, 2018 / 12:02 pm

The games he plays won’t stop the food on his plate, so it’s business as usual – for him. At the end, the one with the biggest ploy wins, because most others will show they have a heart, empathy, integrity.
    There’s another game – leaving in the lurch the allies called in by the US to fight on foreign soil. Soon, the friends will all pack up their bats and balls and go home – will they answer the call next time? The risk won’t be on his shoulders, nor on his mind.
    You can delete this if you like, but your potus is a [mega-^].

2. Richmond Road December 24, 2018 / 1:09 pm

Yes … yes … but there’s really not much point in worrying about it today. There’ll be plenty of time to worry about it tomorrow or the next day, or even next year. Things won’t have gotten any better by then and probably only a little bit worse.

I am reminded of Jesus Christ himself who, apparently, on the day before things really went pear-shaped for him got a bit tired with all the poor people about the place who took up so much of his spare time. When Peter got all high and mighty about it and gave Jesus a hard time over the issue he said something to the effect of “oh, come on, can we give it a rest for tonight? There’ll still be plenty of poor people around tomorrow.”

I probably shouldn’t mix up my religious festivals, though.

Have a great day Fandango.

3. Melanie B Cee December 24, 2018 / 1:12 pm

(paraphrased) “….and when all the evils had flown out of the box, Pandora was devastated. What had she brought upon the world with her curiosity? Then she caught the glimmer of something small, quite tiny really, in the bottom corner of the big box. And its name was “Hope”

I REFUSE to let that horrible asshole ‘king wannabe” ruin MY holidays. He’s taken most everything else, I’ll be damned if he’ll take away my HOPE. My joy (such as it is) with today and tomorrow. The best way to show that peckerhead what really matters is to live joyously. Thumb our respective noses at that waste of skin.

He can go to hell. Oh wait. He’s THERE already and trying his best to take the rest of us with him. Well fuck that noise.

I say Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your wife sir. I hope it is too.

• Fandango December 24, 2018 / 5:48 pm

He’d probably name it “The Great Wall of Trump.”

4. msjadeli December 24, 2018 / 2:53 pm

He certainly has me loosening my grip on living to be 100. If our planet survives another 30 years I’ll be amazed. Mother Gaia will only take so much of this sh*t before she shrugs us off. King Joffrey is a fatal virus upon the planet, with no cure in sight.

5. newepicauthor December 24, 2018 / 2:56 pm

Is it odd that Trump only takes credit for the Stock Market when it is doing good?

• Fandango December 24, 2018 / 8:36 pm

He takes credit for anything he thinks makes him look good, and blames others for anything that makes him look bad.

6. peddiebill December 24, 2018 / 9:45 pm

I suspect the real problem is to help his followers find a way of admitting they were wrong in their support for Mr Trump and still keep their self respect. The alternative is to keep the division and mutual name calling going which will have to keep the chaos going.

• Fandango December 24, 2018 / 9:51 pm

He seems to prefer to keep the chaos going.

7. Marleen December 25, 2018 / 1:07 am

W/worst Christmas Eve in history… headlines yesterday. Maybe that’s the Republican idea of making “Christmas great again.” The important thing is, as he has said, since he won office we can say the words… you know [Merry Christmas] like other people supposedly wouldn’t let us. Everybody did notice, right, that we couldn’t say it before Jan. ’17?