Teresa, otherwise known as The Haunted Wordsmith, or alternatively, the Queen of Questions, has asked a new series of questions about family on this Christmas Eve.
Here are her questions and my answers.
- Which fellow blogger do you consider the wise elder that you turn to for sage advice? At my advanced age, there are few bloggers who are my elders, but I often find pearls of sage wisdom from Marilyn Armstrong over at Serendipity.
- Which fellow blogger is the younger sibling that you want to mentor? I don’t really feel that it’s my role to mentor other bloggers, but I’ll be happy to answer any questions about blogging that any newer, younger bloggers might wish to ask me.
- What is one activity that your family used to do as a Christmas/winter tradition? We’d all get together for a Christmas Day brunch, then go out to a movie and to dinner at a restaurant that is open for dinner on Christmas night.
- Do you have a relative that is never invited, but always seems to show up at family events? Fortunately, no.
- What family activity do you wish people still practiced? Conversation without the TV on, smartphones in use, or arguments about politics.
- You can take your family anywhere in the world…where do you take them? To someplace sunny and warm.
- Do you value family or friends more? Yes.
- Is there a family member that you resemble more than your parents? No. I’m tall and everyone else in my family, including my parents and siblings, were short. My son, though, is tall and lean and resembles me.
- Are there any interesting ancestors in your family tree? None that I’m aware of.
- What is one thing that shocked you about your family tree? That my parents weren’t born where I thought they were born.
- How far back have you traced your family tree? Three. Before that things get kinda fuzzy.
- What are your family rules at games (like Monopoly, Uno, etc)? Everyone gangs up on Dad (me).
- What is your favorite story about families (or that has a family in it)? I don’t know. Swiss Family Robinson?
- What Christmas/winter tradition did you start as an adult? Playing board/card games at home on New Year’s Eve.
- What is your favorite commercial or tv episode that featured a family? I’ve really enjoyed the sitcom “Life in Pieces,” but it didn’t return this fall and it may have been canceled.
- Which TV family did you want to be a part of? I can honestly say that there has never been a TV family I would have wanted to be a part of in real life.