Time For An Intervention

Trump, New York, USA - 26 Sep 2018Today is the winter solstice. At least it is where I live. That means that today has the fewest hours of daylight of the year. It’s the shortest day of the year, although it’s still approximately 24 hours long, like every other day.

It’s appropriate that today is the winter solstice because these are very dark days for the United States and for the world. And today my patience is also at its darkest. The lunacy of the Trump presidency has reached infinity and beyond and I believe it’s time for someone to intervene before it’s too late.

Do you hear that Robert Mueller. Before it’s too late!

Trump, the spoiled little brat, is willing to shut down the federal government if he doesn’t get funding for his stupid border wall. He’s unilaterally withdrawing troops from Syria and Afghanistan, against the advice and counsel of our military and diplomatic leaders. He’s continuing his inhumane treatment of asylum-seeking families at the border. He’s kowtowing to the autocratic leaders of Russia, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and China. He’s rolling back our environmental protections. His administrative staff team and Cabinet members are either resigning, being fired, or leaving in disgrace and he’s replacing them with unqualified Fox News personalities.

He constantly lies. He distracts. He divides, he enables the worst characteristics of human nature. He has no scruples, no morals. He’s out for himself.

Our liberal American democracy was not designed to have an autocratic, dictatorial, madman like Donald Trump as its leader.

It’s time for an intervention, America.

Written for these one-word prompt: Ragtag Daily Prompt (solstice), Word of the Day Challenge (infinity) Your Daily Word Prompt (believe), Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (intervene), The Haunted Wordsmith Daily Word Prompt (liberal), and Scotts Daily Prompt design).

10 thoughts on “Time For An Intervention

1. cagedunn December 21, 2018 / 11:57 am

The days start getting longer tomorrow (for you) – maybe people will begin to ‘see’ … when is the term up? Will that be too late?
    I don’t live there, but even I can see the world slipping into an unhinged and unstable state, and all for what?
    You know the worst of it? I’m apolitical (or I was), and if I can fear/feel the potential chaos from this …

• Fandango December 21, 2018 / 2:00 pm

His current four year term ends in January ‘21 (election in November 2020 and he could get re-elected). I do think if he’s still in office through 2020, it will be too late.

2. Melanie B Cee December 21, 2018 / 12:27 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with your view on the subject of that orange dump in office. HOWEVER, it’s been three years since that bag o’ crap got ‘elected’ and nobody has stepped up. Nobody, despite the fact that most of America claims to find T-dump distasteful and worthy of impeachment. I’m curious sir, and not trying to fuss, but do you REALLY think anyone will step up and get rid of the corruption brought with that pile of filth? Get rid of HIM? I’m losing faith that anyone will ever do anything about it.

• Fandango December 21, 2018 / 2:07 pm

It may seem like three years, but it’s only been two! I am at least somewhat encouraged that Republicans seem to having an adverse reaction to Trump’s unilateral decision to recall troops from Syria. Maybe they are finally beginning to see how unhinged Trump is and how damaging and detrimental he is to our country.

• Melanie B Cee December 21, 2018 / 2:08 pm

When I see ’em ‘come marching home’ I’ll believe it…and maybe he will do that, who knows? I doubt even he does. But yes, that is encouraging news.

3. grogalot December 21, 2018 / 1:33 pm

The way of Mr. Trumps behavior leads to his classification as mentally ill. He might even pleas that at his impeachment. Whatever Putin and the Saudies have on tRump, it is really bad. America awaits the Mueller nuclear bomb.

• Fandango December 21, 2018 / 2:15 pm

Let’s hope Mueller has one to throw before Trump’s lackeys shut him down.