Share Your World — Bah Humbug

This week’s Share Your World prompt, from Melanie at Sparks From a Combustible Mind, has a distinct Christmas theme. I suppose that’s understandable for this time of year, just a week before Christmas.

I’m not a big Christmas guy, so if you’re not ready to read bah humbug answers to today’s SYW questions, move along.

What traditional Christmas decoration is actually a parasitic plant?

I read somewhere that poinsettia berries are poisonous and if you have a cat, you should keep them away from poinsettias. But as to parasitic, I think that would be mistletoe.88423188-481D-4611-8E3B-9456BB8E103C

Name something about this holiday season (whatever version you may celebrate) that most people like, but you dislike?

Christmas music. It’s inescapable at this time of year.E2C1618C-71D8-4E92-8A8F-E895C16E9CB5

What’s your favorite – or least favorite –  song sung traditionally at this time of year?

My favorite holiday song is none. I could easily live out the rest of my life never having to hear another “traditional” holiday song.

In the song “Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer,” what “incriminating” evidence was found on Grandma’s back?

I have no idea, as I’ve never heard that song. But maybe a broken red nose?

What would you like to share with the world, if time or cost were no object?

The arrest and conviction of Donald J. Trump and his three adult kids. That would bring joy to the world in this holiday season.5F3BBDAF-45BD-4CA7-979E-EC3C86EA6901

16 thoughts on “Share Your World — Bah Humbug

1. Sadje December 17, 2018 / 11:00 am

Great answers. Specially the last one. Love the picture with it. 😉

2. Willow December 17, 2018 / 11:01 am

That last picture is hysterical… and one we can all hope for. And just so’s you know, there were incriminating “clause” marks on Grandma’s back in the song. I used to like it when I was younger.

3. Paula Light December 17, 2018 / 12:04 pm

Lol! Love the orange suits. I thought it was hoof marks however… will have to listen to the song again, along with my other holiday faves. 😂

4. Marilyn Armstrong December 17, 2018 / 9:02 pm

I used to sing in the choir and chorus and glee club, back when i had a voice (long since lost). So I don’t think of carols as something to listen to, but rather how much run they are to SING.

5. Melanie B Cee December 18, 2018 / 1:32 pm

Aw. I’m sorry that you feel a bit Scroogish around this time of year, BUT I ‘get’ it too. I’m the designated ‘Scrooge’ in my family…which are obviously highly gender confused. Pssst: She had incriminating ‘claus marks’ on her back…. 😉 And I’m sorry you don’t enjoy ANY of the music, I’m all for the ‘oldies’ (think Eartha Kitt “Santa Baby”, Peggy Lee, Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Burl Ives and the like—this new stuff. YUCK, I’m with you totally… could turn it off and who’d miss it, honestly?) EXCEPT. Transiberian Orchestra and Mannheim Steamroller — although Mannheim pooped on their shoe figuratively with the latest album. It’s pretty horrible too. MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and yours Fandango! Rock that Christmas tree! 😉 😛

• Fandango December 18, 2018 / 2:31 pm

I actually do like Mannheim Steamroller and the Transiberian Orchestra, although not specifically their Christmas stuff.

6. Melanie B Cee December 18, 2018 / 1:33 pm

AW #$%@!! I had this long remark all posted, and this $#!@ site refuses to show it. *grumble* Thanks for Sharing Your Victorian World with us Fandango! 🙂

7. leigha66 December 27, 2018 / 4:12 pm

How you managed to avoid ever hearing Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer for all these years is a miracle. It was kind of funny the first time I heard it… when I had heard it thousands of times it got really old.