SoCS — A Hairy Problem

B108F097-1E42-497E-BFE0-E9AA1242445EThis week Linda G. Hill challenged us, in her Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt, to use “hairy” in our posts.

Alrighty then. It’s time to tell you something about me that you might not already know. I’ve got a hairy problem. And by “hairy,” I don’t mean alarming, difficult, risky, or perilous. And by “problem,” I don’t mean an unpleasant challenge that must be dealt with.

My hairy problem has to do with body hair, as in too much on some parts of my body and not enough on others. My legs and arms are not particularly hairy. And while I have a mustache and beard, the top of my head is not hairy at all. Well, as they say, grass doesn’t grow on a busy street.

But what is hairy are my back, my shoulders, my chest, and my, well, nether region. For the longest time I thought all that hair was a sign of my great masculinity and I was proud of it. But then I heard about “manscaping,” and as I wrote in THIS POST, I learned that “nobody likes a hairy back and shoulders.” Yes, it’s true. A lot of people apparently find that men with hairy backs and shoulders are gross or perhaps a bit too Neanderthal.

Fortunately for me, though, my manfur doesn’t seem to bother my wife at all. And I’ve reached the age where I couldn’t give a crap what other people think.

In other words, I am dealing quite well with my hairy problem, thank you very much. (And before you ask, no, that’s not my back in the picture at the top of this post.)

17 thoughts on “SoCS — A Hairy Problem

1. Sadje December 15, 2018 / 3:20 am

Good for you. Some people go to extremes to address this problem!

2. Nova December 15, 2018 / 3:46 am

Neanderthal <— this 😂 ! Hey, it's your body and your wife, whatever makes you all happy.

3. L R Bowman December 15, 2018 / 6:50 am

I wrote a similar blog about body hair. isn’t it funny how everyone obsesses over it?

4. Hélène Vaillant December 15, 2018 / 7:20 am

People are obsessed with body hair. They shave it all off. If you’ve got it, keep it!

• Marleen December 15, 2018 / 9:19 am

The tactile experience (if one has that with somebody) is more important than whatever the obsession is about. Shaving creates prickly ends on the skin surface.

(And, not to be gross, but… I just remembered shaving also causes some people ingrown hairs and shaving bumps. Who wants to deal with that?)

5. Paula Light December 15, 2018 / 8:22 am

Grass doesn’t grow on a busy street. I’ll have to remember that one for my bosses. 😂

6. msjadeli December 15, 2018 / 10:42 am

Manfur. I love it. We are animals and there’s no getting around it.

7. cagedunn December 15, 2018 / 11:51 am

IF a body grows hair in some place, might there not be a reason for it?
    I’m sure there is, so hair has its place on this bod (especially in winter).
    I mean to say, how can the words ‘his hairs stood on end,’ if there’s no hair there!
    Keep the hair, lose the idea/attempt of baby-smooth (after all, isn’t that what it’s all about – smooth as a baby’s bottom … full of ‘stuff’ if you ask me).

8. Ruth December 18, 2018 / 2:21 pm

My husband has manfur everywhere except on his head – blokes are supposed to be hairy, aren’t they? 🙂

9. leigha66 December 26, 2018 / 12:07 pm

I don’t have any issues with hairy men… I actually love a hairy chest. I agree that manscaping is overrated.