Chatty Q&A?

0E949CFA-EB8D-4B2C-8DB8-851E4E1FFA39So Rory, A Guy Called Bloke, tagged me for this “Come Chat With Me” thing. The rules are:

1. Answer the questions you receive (straight, funny, absurd, up to you)
  2. Create three questions of your own for those that you tag to answer
  3. Tag three people

So what does Rory do? He asks three truly absurd questions. Thanks a lot, Rory.

Hurly Burly or Wally Bolly and why?

I don’t know. How about Hurdy Gurdy and Woolly Bully?

Blue underpants with green socks or pink boxers with yellow sandals?

How about no underpants and no socks or sandals?

If the letter A wsn’t in our lphabet wht would you plce in its plce or in other words?

Reminds me of this:

The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the European Union rather than German, which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, the British Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5- year phase-in plan that would become known as “Euro-English”.

In the first year, “s” will replace the soft “c”. Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard “c” will be dropped in favour of “k”. This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome “ph” will be replaced with “f”. This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible.

Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling.

Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent “e” in the languag is disgrasful and it should go away.

By the 4th yer peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing “th” with “z” and “w” with “v”.

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary “o” kan be dropd from vords kontaining “ou” and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensi bl riten styl.

Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi TU understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.

Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in ze forst plas.

Now I have to ask three questions:

1. If you could have been born in any country other than the one in which you were born, which country and why?
  2. If you could go back in time and change any important life decision of your choice, what would it be and why?
  3. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Now I’m supposed to tag three other bloggers, but instead I’m going to tag any other bloggers who want to come chat with me.

21 thoughts on “Chatty Q&A?

1. Sadje December 15, 2018 / 10:38 am

How did you write that joke about English language? 😂😂🤣 it is complkated

• Fandango December 15, 2018 / 10:59 am

I wish I could take credit for it, but it’s been floating around the interwebs for years.

2. Marleen December 15, 2018 / 10:45 am

On my god, that was funny — and so clever!! I also like your musical answers and the end around the second question (which question is a curiosity to think of). Now to read your own new three questions.

• Marleen December 15, 2018 / 10:58 am

1) New Zealand. I could still speak English (which I like) and experience English culture and mores a (which I mostly like), while I don’t think I would’ve had to be brainwashed with Republican (type) ops (the undermining of our society) as if being taught morals.

2) I would’ve told my dad all the horrible things my mom did, while rejecting her instead of being nice. I spit on attempts to control people by eschewing so-called gossip and always imploring the nice people to put up with crap in the name of forgiveness.

Woah. I bet you didn’t think your questions would lead to this thread getting way more serious.

• Marleen December 15, 2018 / 11:01 am

Sometimes I wish I would’ve been a programmer who could make a better auto-correct.

• Fandango December 15, 2018 / 11:08 am

Good answers and no worries about getting serious. That second questions prompts a serious response.

3. newepicauthor December 15, 2018 / 12:09 pm

He would chuck what a woodchuck would if this woodchuck could chuck wood or an amount equivalent to the weight of 700 pounds of dirt. The more important question is how much wood could Chuck Norris chuck?

4. drtanya@saltedcaramel December 15, 2018 / 12:22 pm

The Woodchuck should totally stop chucking wood
    (It might prove dangerous) and think of getting a new name.😀

5. wideeyedwanderingspoonie December 15, 2018 / 12:36 pm

memememe! jumping up and down waving my hand in the air. ahmmmm
    1) New Zealand – because it’s freaking awesome and I’m not rich enough to immigrate.
    2) Not one single thing. I’m a believer in chaos theory and if you change one thing, you run the risk of changing all and there’s not a single aspect of my current life that I would change. I’m proud of the woman I am, I went through a hell of a lot becoming her.
    3) none – Woodchucks, like most small mammals, are far too busy browsing for food, digging holes and tunnels to be bothered with anything so lame as chucking wood. But I would like to see the answer to newepicauthor’s question. How much wood could Chuck Norris chuck? 😉

• Marleen December 15, 2018 / 4:08 pm

Those are good reasons for wanting to me born in New Zealand; good answers generally too.

6. Cyranny December 15, 2018 / 12:56 pm

Hi there, good Sir!

Loved the (minor) changes to English joke too! Thanks for sharing!!

Here are my answers to your questions:

1) I’ll pass. Everyone knows the answer to this one, and I have been told I could get sued for harassment if I mention my love for Denmark outside The Cove again… Oh dang! I wrote “Denmark”!! OOooops, I did again… Dang!!

2) I’ll be serious and say I wouldn’t change a thing, because good or bad, the décisions I took made me who I am, and I am a wuss, I am afraid changing just one decision along the way would end up with me being in jail now, or really sick, or some other really horrible situation. Change of mind, I would go back to that night, a couple of years back, when I “met” Willem Dafoe at Montreal’s World Film Festival, tell him how much I admire his work, and slip a little note in his hand, telling him he’d soon work with Mads Mikkelsen, and to please forward this to him…. LOL

3) I’ll tell ya, if you tell me how many tracks could a wejack jack, if a wejack could jack tracks?

😉

7. The Haunted Wordsmith December 15, 2018 / 1:20 pm

I would have been born in Scotland, I wouldn’t change any decisions of the past (I’ve seen too many Twilight Zone, Dr. Who, and Star Trek episodes), a woodchuck could chuck about as much as a polecat.

8. rugby843 December 15, 2018 / 7:26 pm

I remember dancing to the Wooly Bully at a party. It was one of the few dances I was able to do with no difficulty, 😂 Blue and green definitely. When looking for a house in 1970, we saw a small bathroom with bright yellow shag carpet and pink walls. I thought I was going to be sick!