SoCS — Because It’s Musical

I’m going to try something different for Linda’s Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt today. She assigned us the word “musical.”

Well, it just so happens that I, along with a number of my fellow blogger buddies, are doing this thing called the “30-Day Song Challenge.” And isn’t, after all, a song, by definition, musical? That was a rhetorical question. The answer is obviously yes.

I don’t even know whose idea this song challenge originally was, but whoever created this challenge also created this chart:img_3121Now if you look carefully at this chart, you’ll see that today is Day 8, given that today’s date is December 8. The song for Day 8 is supposed to be one about drugs or alcohol. So the song I’m choosing — a very musical song, by the way — is “Cocaine” by Eric Clapton.

For the record, I’ve never done cocaine. I smoked marijuana back in the day and more recently, now that pot is legal in my state, I’ve indulged in some edibles. Also, in my hippie days back in the late 60s and early 70s, I dropped acid a few times. But never cocaine or any other drugs.

Anyway, I chose this song, “Cocaine,” because I’m a big Clapton fan, and I like the song.

And because it’s, well, musical!

12 thoughts on “SoCS — Because It’s Musical

1. Nova December 8, 2018 / 3:36 am

Welcome to the Challenge:D I enjoy Eric Clapton, too.

• Fandango December 8, 2018 / 7:35 am

That may be the case, but I’ve never heard of J.J. Cale nor his recording of the song. But I have heard of Eric Clapton and I like his version of the song.

• newepicauthor December 8, 2018 / 7:44 am

Clapton’s version is way better. J.J. Cale played with Leon Russel and Delany and Bonnie and he also wrote ‘After Midnight’ which was covered by the Grateful Dead.

2. msjadeli December 8, 2018 / 11:54 am

aka the answer to life’s problems…. I love one of the comments in youtube: “when you start doing lines to this song…. cocaine”

3. Marleen December 8, 2018 / 2:15 pm

Because of 5:29 on to 5:45 (and more here):

How Middle Earth Shaped Classic Rock

4. rugby843 December 8, 2018 / 4:52 pm

I like the song, and Eric Clapton but now I’m going to listen to After Midnight again. So much music to remember…