Questionable Friends

5210CE76-CF13-4E02-B937-D8816236DDCDSo Nova, at My Namaste 365 Online, found this thing on Facebook where there are games you can play “with friends.” Then she wrote,” I thought I’d write up some interesting questions and see if my friends would like to play? I’m hoping so anyway.”

She then tagged ten of us “friends” to pose her questions to. So here are her questions.

Finish the Thought:

1. Those words I couldn’t say… It’s my fault.
  2. It’s quite simple really… Turn it off and then turn it back on again.
  3. Sometimes I forget… to stop and smell the roses.
  4. I can sum that up easily… In the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.
  5. A famous person born on my birthday is… Hayley Mills

Firsts

1. Job? Paperboy
  2. Thought in the morning? Gotta pee
  3. Car? 1961 Corvair Monza
  4. Decision you made as an adult? I have no idea
  5. Concert? Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons

This or That?

1. Hamburger or hot dog? Cheeseburger cheeseburger; Coke no Pepsi.
  2. Mountains or beach? Either/both
  3. Electric or standard tooth brush? Standard
  4. Call or text conversations? Text
  5. City life or country life? City

Would You Rather?

1. WOULD YOU RATHER BECOME A CREATIVE PERSON OR A TECHNICAL PERSON? At my age I’m not “becoming” anything. I am what I am, which is not really a technical person (anymore).
  2. WOULD YOU RATHER BRUSH YOUR TEETH WITH HOT SAUCE OR WITH RANCH DRESSING? Eww, neither.
  3. WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE TWO PERMANENT LAZY EYES OR ALWAYS GET NOSE BLEEDS AT EXTREMELY EMBARRASSING MOMENTS? “Are you looking at me?” I guess, lazy eyes. But maybe not. I rarely get extremely embarrassed, you know.
  4. WOULD YOU RATHER EAT PIZZA EVERY DAY OR NEVER BE ABLE TO EAT PIZZA AGAIN? Pizza every day, for sure.
  5. WOULD YOU RATHER ALWAYS GET STUCK IN TRAFFIC OR ALWAYS HAVE A REALLY SLOW INTERNET CONNECTION? Since I hardly ever drive anymore, I’ll go with stuck in traffic. No one has time for a slow internet connection.

Okay, friends. Your turn.

16 thoughts on “Questionable Friends

1. Marleen December 8, 2018 / 10:44 am

My oldest son’s first job was paperboy, in a way. The way he was to deliver the papers was out the back of a station wagon (I think the paperboy, techninally, was the adult driving). The car had terrible exhaust issues and was nearly asphyxiating.

He (my son) quit on the first day.

• Marleen December 8, 2018 / 10:46 am

My own first job was as an assistant to a top-level salesperson for high-end copper products.

• Marleen December 9, 2018 / 2:34 pm

Thinking about it, I’m kinda ignoring babysitting for a few people (and the responsibility I mentioned elsewhere of driving a car around the block and feeding fish — for people who also had a baby). I suppose my feeling about a “job” was getting out of the realm of my immediate neighborhood and, otherwise, my mom’s best friend. I think I was sixteen when I decided I didn’t want to babysit anymore. I was seventeen when I started in the job above.

The very first time I made money wasn’t a job at all. It was a lemonade stand. My closest cousin [who was living with us at the time] and I made over a hundred dollars each in a few days. There was a golf tournament behind our house.

• Marleen December 9, 2018 / 2:51 pm

(My mom’s best friend didn’t have a baby until she and my mom were in their mid-thirties. This was a sorority sister from over a decade before — not either of the sorority “sisters” after which I was named — while they are all forever called sisters.)

• Fandango December 9, 2018 / 9:54 pm

I never new lemonade stands could be so lucrative.

2. Nova December 8, 2018 / 11:10 am

No one has time for slow internet, unless you’re stuck in traffic lol.

• Fandango December 8, 2018 / 10:57 pm

I don’t run out of slots, just time.