Share Your World — Life Lessons and Raisinets

SYWIt’s Monday and you know what that means. It’s time once again for Melanie’s Share Your World prompt. Let us proceed.

What are the most important lesson(s) you’ve learned in life?

Don’t take myself — or anyone else — too seriously.

How did you meet your husband/wife or significant other? How did you know he/she was “the one”?

It was a fix-up (aka, blind date). I called her, but she wouldn’t go out with me until after we spent hours on the phone “getting to know” one another. I felt like I was undergoing an extended interview. Or maybe like a contestant on “The Voice,” because, sight unseen, she finally turned her chair. So I was pretty much smitten before I even laid eyes on her.

If you could take a year-long paid sabbatical, what would you do?

Spend that year visiting places I’ve always wanted to visit, but hadn’t. Of course, this assumes it was an all-expenses paid sabbatical.

What is your favorite thing to buy at a movie theater concession stand? (credit to The Haunted Wordsmith for this one)

Raisinets.78BE415D-899E-4516-9AFA-B84EDFC75968

What are some Holiday Traditions you and/or your family observe in December?

Going to a movie and then seeking out one of the few restaurants that is open for dinner on Christmas night (which is often a Chinese restaurant).3036999E-B067-4380-9E73-DDA4D8F4DFF9

8 thoughts on “Share Your World — Life Lessons and Raisinets

1. Willow December 3, 2018 / 11:43 am

When I was single, my friends and I would go to the movies and out to dinner and a movie on holidays like Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter. It was fun. My husband and I prefer to stay in and play video games. Different times.

• Willow December 3, 2018 / 11:44 am

Sorry for the bad editing,… that should have read “out to dinner and a movie…”

2. Marleen December 3, 2018 / 12:47 pm

I love that answer about how you and your wife met!

3. Marleen December 3, 2018 / 12:51 pm

My oldest son’s first Christmas dinner was in California and not really a Christmas dinner. We found a Pakistani or Indian or… I wasn’t clear on what it was.

But it was open and pleasant. And tasty.

4. Melanie B Cee December 3, 2018 / 1:01 pm

Thanks Fandango for Sharing Your World! I like Raisin-ettes too, only the dark chocolate ones…

• Marleen December 3, 2018 / 4:02 pm

Me too; dark chocolate!

5. leigha66 December 9, 2018 / 8:03 pm

Raisinets are great! But your “interview” over the phone… that is a sweet memory!