Yes, hard to believe, I know, but it’s true. Yesterday I screwed the pooch. (And before you call the ASPCA on me, that’s a figure of speech.) I wrote a post in which I answered 11 questions that I thought Mel (Crushed Caramel) had asked her nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award. But somehow — and I’m still not sure how — I answered the 11 questions that the guy who nominated her asked. Huh?
Mel pointed out the error of my ways in a comment on that post. She wrote, “I loved your answers to Tom’s questions! Since you are the question man…I am going to throw my questions right back at you, and would love to see your answers at your leisure. A couple of them I wrote with you in mind!”
So, in a feeble attempt to make up for my faux pas, here are Mel’s actual questions and my answers to her questions.
1. IF YOU AND I WERE GOING TO DANCE TOGETHER – WHAT SONG WOULD IT BE TO?
“I Could Have Danced All Night.” (Well, maybe I could have back in the day, but definitely not anymore. Sorry about that.)
2. HAVE YOU MADE ANY CONFESSIONS IN YOUR BLOGGING POSTS ABOUT MOMENTS OF MADNESS IN YOUR LIFE OR TIMES YOU WERE ALMOST IN TROUBLE WITH THE AUTHORITIES? (I know that some of my nominees have shared a long list of their confessions already, so please do pick the most outrageous!)
Okay, fine. Did I tell you about the time I got fitted for a tux? No? Well, HERE it is.
3. WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL OR MEMORABLE DISH YOU HAVE EVER EATEN?
Two, actually. One time I had alligator and another time, rattlesnake. Both tasted kind of like chicken.
4. ARE THERE CHARACTERS FROM ANY MOVIES OR NOVELS THAT YOUR FRIENDS COMPARE YOU TO?
Not from a movie or a novel, but how about a TV show? A lot of my friends and family used to say that the guy who played the father on the 80s sitcom “Family Ties” was my doppelgänger. I wrote about that HERE.
5. ARE THERE ANY QUALITIES YOU ADMIRE IN OTHER PEOPLE AND WISH YOU HAD TO A GREATER EXTENT?
Can I say youth?
6. HAVE YOU ANY EXPERIENCE OF ACTING, SPEAKING, SINGING, OR DANCING ON A STAGE?
When I was still working, I had to give a lot of speeches at conferences and seminars, so yes to speaking on stage. When I was in college, I was a singer in an a cappella group, so yes to singing. Oh, I also have been known to belt one out at karaoke night, so there’s that. No acting or dancing on stage, though.
7. APART FROM REMOVING ANY PARTICULAR POLITICIANS, IS THERE ANY ISSUE OR PROBLEM IN THIS WORLD THAT YOU FEEL PASSIONATELY YOU WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE?
Oh yes. I feel very passionately that we, in the U.S., need to do something about guns. I’m not saying to overturn the Second Amendment, but we do need to pass common sense gun control legislation. I do not understand why any civilian needs to own semiautomatic, high capacity rifles. And don’t get me started on open carry and concealed carry for everyday citizens. Seriously, why?
8. IF I WERE TO MAKE YOU YOUR DREAM CAKE – WHAT WOULD THAT CAKE BE?
Dream cake? Sorry, Mel, but I’ve never in my life dreamed about cake nor do I have a dream cake. Do you?
9. WHAT WOULD YOU LOVE TO SEE ON THE FRONT PAGE OF THE NEWSPAPERS TOMORROW MORNING? (other than than any particular politician being abducted by aliens)
“Donald Trump arrested for obstruction of justice, collusion, and treason; immediately resigns the Presidency.” (You knew I’d say that, didn’t you?)
10. HAVE YOU EVER HAD AN INTERNET ROMANCE OR AN INTERNET CRUSH YOU WERE TOO SHY TO CONFESS?
When I was of the “crush” age, the internet didn’t yet exist.
11. YOU ARE ON MY LIST OF NOMINEES BECAUSE YOU CONSISTENTLY MAKE YOUR POSTS INTERESTING, YOU ARE FULL OF PERSONALITY, AND YOU SUPPORT THE BLOGGING COMMUNITY SO MUCH – BUT TELL ME, ARE YOU LIKE THIS IN REAL LIFE?
Exactly. Or maybe not at all. Hey, how would I know? I blog anonymously!