The Talkative Tag

D8215BD6-0928-4740-80C1-7538D06B6649There is a blogger, The Eclectic Contarian, who started a tag that he calls “The Talkative Tag.”

This tag, he said, is to offer a little “thanks” to those who have been very talkative and involved with his blog and to show his appreciation.

Eventually this tag found its way to Sadje, of Keep It Alive. And then Sadje tagged me, among others who have commented on her posts. She wrote, “What can I say about Fandango! He is a great writer. He is also the inventor of The Fandango One Word Challenge. We all look up to him and wait for his prompts. You also should check out his new series of questions; FPQ!”

So it seems what you’re supposed to do is bring up the screen from you WordPress stats where you can see who has been commenting on your blog, take a screenshot, write your own Talkative Tag post, include that screenshot, and mention the people who have commented on your posts the most.

And here’s that screenshot:B36070DB-D0D5-4B61-9161-0258BACAEACBNow I’m not sure what period this covers, but I also saw in my stats that so far in 2018 my posts have received around 22,000 comments, so I find it a little strange that these number of comments were so low. But, you know, whatever.

As to my top six list in the screenshot, Marleen, who tops the list, doesn’t have her own blog, but she does comment a lot on my posts and her comments are generally well thought out and insightful. And Sight, number three on the list, just announced that he’s taking an indefinite hiatus from blogging. So I suppose I can’t pass this “Talkative Tag” to either of them. And I can’t tag Sadje because she tagged me.

So I am going to tag the next three on the list. First there is Leigha Robbins, who consistently responds to my daily One-Word Challenge with great poetry and prose, and who comments on pretty much ever one of my posts.

And then there’s Teresa Grabs, aka, The Haunted Wordsmith, a prolific and creative flash fiction writer who also offers many of her own writing prompts to inspire us.

And finally, Marilyn Armstrong, a blogger who has been sharing her life with the WordPress community for a number of years and whose posts are personal, insightful, and inspiring, and who is a terrific photographer.

So Leigha, Teresa, and Marilyn, feel free to do your own Talkative Tag post. Or not. Your call.

18 thoughts on “The Talkative Tag

1. drtanya@saltedcaramel November 30, 2018 / 3:38 am

I feel that this is a really good idea to show appreciation to people who take the time to comment.
    I am one of the people that Sadje tagged and I second her opinion of you.

2. Sadje November 30, 2018 / 3:53 am

Good post. Happy that you took this up! 👏🏻

3. The Haunted Wordsmith November 30, 2018 / 5:00 am

Interesting tag. Think I will pass, but thank you. I don’t know the time span on that stat, but you get a lot of traffic in your comment section for sure 🙂

4. Marilyn Armstrong November 30, 2018 / 5:54 am

And the very moment the guys stop gutting my gutters (it’s gutter cleaning day at the crumbling farm in the valley), I will ponder this. Also, ALL my dogs are in full throttle barking because ye gods the gutter guys are guttering. I hope they figure out where the spigot it. I personally have forgotten.

• Marleen November 30, 2018 / 9:23 am

Dogs are funny. Your writing about them gives a perspective on life.

5. Marilyn Armstrong November 30, 2018 / 9:19 am

Okay, I wrote it. I’ll put it up tomorrow morning. You are not on my list! Shame on you. I think maybe you are trying to do too much. I know that feeling all too well.

• Fandango November 30, 2018 / 11:30 am

“ I think maybe you are trying to do too much.” I think maybe you might be right.

6. Marleen November 30, 2018 / 9:37 am

I even wrote a piece of flash fiction one day because of you guys. (Not very though… fictional.)

• Fandango November 30, 2018 / 11:43 am

Where do you do your writing? Do you have a secret blog?

• Marleen November 30, 2018 / 1:29 pm

No. Lol. I put that one, like everything, in the comments.

• Marleen November 30, 2018 / 1:32 pm

I think the word was flux. Something like that. Oh; fluid.