Sadje, over at Keep It Alive, was nominated for her fourth Sunshine Blogger Award. As is custom, she responded to the eleven questions the person who nominated her, Ruby, asked her. And as is also custom, Sadje nominated eleven other bloggers to answer the same questions. And it happens that I am one of the eleven. So thank you for that, Sadje.
If you had to choose to be on a reality show, which one would it be?
I am not a fan of reality shows. In fact, I hate them. The only “reality” show I watch is “The Voice.” So I suppose I’d choose to be on that one. But I’m actually too old to compete and I can’t sing for shit.
2. If you could change your name, what would it be?
If you’re asking about my real name, I wouldn’t change it. After all these decades I can’t imagine having any other name. As to my blogger name, Fandango, I selected it and I think it’s great, so no way I’d change it.
3. How long have you been blogging?
I started this blog, Fivedotoh, in May 2017, but I started my first blog on October 10, 2005. If you’re so inclined, you can read about it here.
4. How frequently do you blog?
These days I usually post between three and five times a day.
5. Share the link to a favorite post of yours, why is this your favorite?
I think I’ve answered this question before. I’ve published more than 2,000 posts on this blog and I can’t just pick out one as my favorite. But this is my most viewed post to-date: Better Than Sex.
6. Do you check your stats for the countries that have ‘visited’ your blog?
Occasionally. Here are my top 10 countries so far this year:
7. Which countries are you missing from your WordPress globe and would really like to see filled in on your map?
Greenland. Does anyone actually live in Greenland? But I am surprised that Trinidad & Tabago made my top 10.
8. Are you a ‘crafty’ person? (knit, sew, paint, macrame … ?)
I don’t knit, sew, paint, or do macrame. As to the other definition of “crafty” — someone skillful in underhand or evil schemes; cunning; deceitful; sly — I plead the fifth.
9. Assuming that you celebrate, do you shop in advance for Christmas or do you leave everything to the last minute?
I don’t really celebrate Christmas, but most of my family and friends do celebrate either Christmas or Hanukkah. I am a last minute kind of a guy, but my wife is a well-in-advance person, so she does the planning and I execute her plan.
10. Do you participate in sports?
Not anymore. But I watch sports on TV.
11. Are you a sweet or savory person?
Is this about whether I prefer to eat sweet food or savory food, or if my personality is sweet or savory? Relative to food, I actually like both sweet and savory. A nice, flavorful main course followed by a sweet dessert. Yum.
As to personality, I wouldn’t say that I’m a particularly sweet guy. But if you ask my wife, by the end of an active day, I can be pretty savory.
Now here’s where I depart from custom. I’m not going to nominate eleven other bloggers. I’m going to nominate all other bloggers to answer these very same questions.