Share Your World — Body Hair, Dealbreakers, Donald Trump

SYWIt’s Share Your World Monday again and Melanie never fails to come up with interesting questions to ask us.

If your five year old self woke up in your current body, what would happen, what would you say?

Whoa, dude. What the hell happened to you? No hair on the top of your head, a gray beard on your chinny-chin-chin, and all that body hair. Haven’t you ever heard of manscaping?

What is a relationship deal breaker for you?  Whether you are talking about a romantic one, a friendship, or a related to sort of relationship?

Cigarette smoking, drinking too much, far right conservative ideology, lack of good hygiene, lack of a sense of humor, lack of intelligence. Shall I go on?

Is there something out there, a thought, an idea, a current event, or a fear that you find deeply unsettling?

Donald Trump and all of the sycophants who have latched on to him.

If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?

Cheated on my taxes? Promoted the overthrow of Donald Trump?

What were you grateful for this week?  Something that brought some joy into your world?

All the people who read my blog and like and comment on my posts.

17 thoughts on “Share Your World — Body Hair, Dealbreakers, Donald Trump

1. Melanie B Cee November 26, 2018 / 9:01 am

I wouldn’t EVER have cheated on my taxes…those IRS folk are SCARY. So I’m curious about something….you have a LOT of deal breakers for theoretical relationships – how did you get your wife to stick around? Thanks for Sharing Your World and your views with the blogging community! It’s always a pleasure! 🙂

• Fandango November 26, 2018 / 11:17 am

Simple. She’s a non-smoker, only drinks occasionally and always in moderation, shares my progressive political views, practices good hygiene, has a good sense of humor, and is smart and has a lot of common sense. Plus, she’s beautiful. She was a real catch.

• Melanie B Cee November 26, 2018 / 11:18 am

That sense of humor? To ME was the deal SEALER…if hubby hadn’t had a good sense of humor, I doubt I’d have married HIM. Your wife sounds lovely.

2. rugby843 November 26, 2018 / 11:08 am

Liked these answers. Every time I post a T thing on FB I think, pretty soon they’ll knock on my site!😳

3. Marleen November 26, 2018 / 11:18 am

I’m thankful for the liver that was included with the Thanksgiving turkey. I cooked it with onions for lunch today.

I couldn’t think of a thing people would assume I’d do that could get me arrested. Just now as I was typing, though…

They might figure I got involved with some kind of protesting and got arrested for standing somewhere someone didn’t like.

The most I can come up with that would be bad and for which anyone can get arrested is driving twenty or more mph above the speed limit.

4. blindzanygirl November 26, 2018 / 11:37 am

Great answers here, and very interesting.

5. Marilyn Armstrong November 27, 2018 / 9:35 pm

The idea of being five and finding me in THIS body is so horrible I would probably jump out the window.

• Fandango November 27, 2018 / 9:41 pm

But then again, being five and finding that you’re still alive and in your 70s has got to be at least a little encouraging, yes?

6. leigha66 December 1, 2018 / 7:36 pm

I’m curious…if smoking is a deal breaker is it because you used to smoke and now hate it or never did care for it?

• Fandango December 1, 2018 / 10:15 pm

I used to smoke a lot, actually. But in 1983 I quit. “Cold Turkey,” as they say. Now I really do hate the smell of cigarette smoke and the way a smoker’s clothes, skin, and breath smells.

• leigha66 December 2, 2018 / 10:43 am

I have heard ex-smokers often are the harshest critic of those who still smoke. I have inhaled enough second hand smoke from my family over the years I guess I don’t need to smoke myself LOL!