Lisa’s Eleven Questions

Lisa, at All About Life, was nominated for the coveted Sunshine Blogger Award. As a part of that process, she posed 11 interesting questions and offered them up to anyone who would like to answer them. Since I qualify as an anyone, I have chosen to pose my answers to her questions.

Ready or not…

1. Socks? Love them or hate them? I just don’t feel passionate enough about socks to claim to either love or hate them. That said, except when I’m in bed, I pretty much always wear socks. Nike Dri-Fit crew socks, to be specific.DDA61E2E-3E7A-4ED8-B238-F15E85B62357

2. Is there a God? Does it really matter to anyone else whether or not I believe that there is a god? No it does not. If you want to believe that there is a god, that’s your prerogative. If I want to believe that there is not a god, that is my prerogative. You know. Whatever floats your boat.

3. Is a pizza a pizza without cheese? No, it’s flatbread.

4. What’s your favorite book and why? Whew, that’s a tough one. I’m going to have to go with “Watership Down.” Why? Because I was reading it when I met my wife many years ago and we talked about that book virtually the entire night on our first date.EB89AFDE-2962-4482-9583-9F28056D82E3

5. Do aliens exist or are we floating around in space all alone? I find it hard to believe that, in all of the vastness of the universe, human beings on the planet Earth are the only intelligent life forms. And yes, before you say it, I am more inclined to believe that alien life forms exist than I am to believe that a god exists.EA87F2ED-59F0-4B5F-B9AF-FD699C2B5A72.png

6. Do you still have the teddy you slept with as a child? I hate to burst anyone’s bubble, but I never slept with a teddy bear as a child, which probably explains a lot about me as an adult. Hmm.

7. Brussel sprouts? Yes or no? Oh God, no!

8. Christmas? Do you love it or hate it? I feel about Christmas the same way I feel about socks. That said, I think that playing Christmas music before December 1st should be outlawed.

9. What’s sexier – a beaming smile or thigh high boots? As someone who has never owned or worn thigh-high boots, I vote for a beaming smile. Beam me up, Scotty!A9537713-E066-4210-AC6E-E0A310EDF496

10. If you were stuck with one view for the rest of your life, what would it be? If I were stuck with looking at the same view day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year, and decade after decade, I’d say it would have to be this:239380AE-2956-4272-8A21-FDB112006E85

11. Which do you prefer? Spring or Autumn? Autumn.

Anyone else care to take on these questions?

22 thoughts on “Lisa’s Eleven Questions

1. rugby843 November 20, 2018 / 3:53 pm

I loved these answers and since I’m an incurable romantic I like the book answer best.♡

2. Paula Light November 20, 2018 / 4:37 pm

Also loved the book answer. I’ll save these to do in a little while. 🙂

3. Marilyn Armstrong November 20, 2018 / 4:52 pm

1) I love socks. But I have some very snazzy and super comfortable socks.
    2) I never had a teddy bear, much less slept with one. Did have dolls, though. They were a little hard to make good bed partners. Sorta spikey.
    3) Looking at that picture for more than one minute would make me queasy.
    4) What the hell is a beaming smile?

• Fandango November 20, 2018 / 5:11 pm

“What the hell is a beaming smile?” A smile that makes one’s face beam, perhaps?

4. Sadje November 20, 2018 / 5:06 pm

Will try them. I am in a bit of time bind right now. 😊

5. Marleen November 20, 2018 / 6:51 pm

#6 I had a “Mousy” and a “Kitty” — kept them for a long, long time into adulthood (in a box somewhere). I think the mouse was covered in some kind of real fur like chinchilla or something (very soft and fuzzy). At some point, the surface got all cracked; I threw it away. The kitty was some sort of [probably polyester] flocked synthetic (and was holding a pink ball of yarn). When I looked these old pals over, I realized the white kitten was slightly dirty; went out with Mousy. (I did sort of replace them with a mouse and a kitten of similar colorings and sizing to the originals — Mousy was grey with pink inside the ears, and the two were the same general size as each other even if that means Kitty had to be a tiny kitten while Mousy was a large mouse.)

#7 Brussel sprouts, yes.

I have a question: liver and onions — yes or no?

6. All About Life November 20, 2018 / 11:59 pm

These answers are just brilliant! You’ve just made Watership Down something utterly romantic as opposed to a traumatic experience (as it was for me previously – cried buckets at that bloody film). Totally with you on the Christmas music although I would say it’s acceptable 24th-26th December only.
    Thanks for taking the time to answer my daft questions :O) xx

• Fandango November 21, 2018 / 8:41 am

They are great questions. Thanks for inviting “anyone” to answer them.

7. leigha66 November 25, 2018 / 7:38 pm

You seem to feel strongly about the brussel sprouts, LOL! Good answers.