FOWC with Fandango — Shed

FOWCWelcome to November 20, 2018 and to Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (aka, FOWC). It’s designed to fill the void after WordPress bailed on its daily one-word prompt.

I will be posting each day’s word just after midnight Pacific Time (US).

Today’s word is “shed.”

Write a post using that word. It can be prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction. It can be any length. It can be just a picture or a drawing if you want. No holds barred, so to speak.

Once you are done, tag your post with #FOWC and create a pingback to this post if you are on WordPress. Or you can simply include a link to your post in the comments.

And be sure to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this prompt. You will marvel at their creativity.

49 thoughts on “FOWC with Fandango — Shed

1. papershots November 20, 2018 / 12:48 am

I’ve shared an old post (which I re-edited a bit for this) because i thought it fit today’s challenge. Besides, the post being longer than my usual, this is the only challenge with no word limit and it’s nice to be able to share it here 🙂 Hope that’s ok.

• Fandango November 20, 2018 / 5:51 am

That’s fine. There are no rules, other than to use the word of the day, which you did. So reposting is perfectly acceptable. And I’m glad you did. Besides, never throw anything away — never. Even old blog posts!

• papershots November 20, 2018 / 5:55 am

Haha… you’re like my Hero in the story then 🙂 I’m glad I didn’t break any rule. Thanks and catch you soon on this page.

• Fandango November 20, 2018 / 5:57 am

So I see you took down your post about asking a question that you don’t want an answer to. To the woodshed with you! I’m just curious, however. For that process, did you manually go back and count your likes per post? You said something about downloading your stats. How did you do that?

• The Haunted Wordsmith November 20, 2018 / 6:05 am

When you click on the title of the stat section (like post and pages), at the very bottom is a “download as csv” option. What I did, was select annual stat view, posts and pages, downloaded the stats, then used Excel to clean the data (get rid of the deleted posts and any pages that my blog has). From there you can isolate the posts you want to keep or delete. In my case, I deleted all prompts and rants so I was left with just my writing posts and their view count.

2. Marilyn Armstrong November 20, 2018 / 8:43 am

And I still have time to get the dogs out and get all the way to UMass for today test — a stress test for Garry. Oh goody! We are doing all doctors all the time this month!

3. Pingback: #FOWC
    • Fandango November 20, 2018 / 4:57 pm

No worries. There is no timetable. Thanks for participating.