Share Your World — Irony, Turkey, and Odd Smells

SYWMonday is Share Your World time and Melanie, from Sparks From a Combustible Mind, has, once again, posed her SYW questions.

What’s the most ironic thing you’ve ever witnessed?

Aside from just about everything Donald Trump says that is obviously laughable, like  “I’ve kept more promises than I made,” it would be seeing Trump’s loyal fans talking about how Trump supports the “little” people and how honest he is.43A7A463-FDE3-4D80-A722-F6AF25075D06

Let’s talk turkey. Pro or con? If pro, which part do you enjoy most? Is it for Thanksgiving (American Style any way) only?

Turkey is okay, so I’m neutral about it. I typically prefer white meat (the breast) to dark meat (the thigh or leg). No, it’s not necessarily just for Thanksgiving, but other than enjoying an occasional club sandwich, Thanksgiving is about the only time we roast a turkey.AF229211-5673-4B0A-948A-03EFD1E1AC3E

If you’d like, share one thing you wish you’d said to someone else, but now you’ll never have the chance.

“Don’t worry, be happy,” to my mother, who was a world class worrier. Of course, back in the day I may have given her plenty of things to worry about.

What odd smell do you really enjoy?

Have you ever walked by a commercial laundry and dry cleaning establishment and caught the smell of wet laundry drying in the drying machine? I love that smell. Well, you said “odd,” right?

Thankful November…share a story or time when someone did something really great for you. Alternatively, share your gratitude moments during this past week.

I am grateful that enough voters showed up at last Tuesday’s midterm elections to enable Democrats to take back the House of Representatives, which I hope will derail the Trump train…or at least slow it down.7671FF6E-15BE-475B-8317-AF584418FA3E

16 thoughts on “Share Your World — Irony, Turkey, and Odd Smells

1. Sadje November 12, 2018 / 4:57 pm

With you on the last one. Hoping for the best results from this !

2. Marilyn Armstrong November 12, 2018 / 5:55 pm

I have trouble thinking of Trump as “ironic.” Disgusting, revolting, sick, conscienceless … these all come to mind, but irony? Maybe the irony is that the people who are being the most damaged by Trump actually voted for him. THAT is irony. Also stupid.

• Fandango November 12, 2018 / 9:40 pm

Yes, and it’s ironic that they still support him.

3. The Haunted Wordsmith November 12, 2018 / 6:03 pm

I love turkey (breast meat) but we don’t buy it because it is so expensive for just one person. My son refuses to eat like a normal person. I love the smell of lilac. I hate the smell of laundry soap, but love putting on clothes straight from the dryer. Even in summer they feel great.

• Melanie B Cee November 13, 2018 / 9:36 am

Is one of those frozen ones you could cook for yourself (and freeze any left overs) too much? I know they sell pre-packed turkey breast as well… well up here they do,,,from the deli. They put out packages shaved from the turkey they keep in their deli case..and I’ve gotten a good sized package for about $2.

• The Haunted Wordsmith November 13, 2018 / 9:49 am

Our deli turkey is all processed meat and costs $6-8 a pound. I could buy a frozen turkey breast for $13, or a whole turkey for $28-32. In a lot of ways I miss not having to worry so much about food, but I can’t do much about it right now. If I thought too hard about things, I’d give up entirely. The last time I bought a turkey breast (because he said he’d actually eat it that time) we ended up throwing over half of it out because it sat in the freezer for too long.

4. Sight11 November 12, 2018 / 9:03 pm

I know you love seafood, but I don’t know much about meat per se, seeing that I’ve never tasted it.

5. Melanie B Cee November 13, 2018 / 9:34 am

Thanks for Sharing Your World. And I agree with both Trump comments. He’s a walking irony … simply by opening his yap, he provides more fodder for the irony mill. How did I ‘know’ you’d be a breast man? Heh.

6. leigha66 November 20, 2018 / 10:18 am

I too am the child of a worrier. Mom passed it on to me, did you get the “worry gene?”