Mister MITOO

The way Republicans, Fox News, and, especially, the MITOO (moron in the Oval Office), manufacture fear and loathing among Trump’s gullible followers makes me seethe with rage.

For example, the so-called migrant “caravan” (or what Fox News and Trump call an “invasion by a hostile force”) slowly heading north toward the US/Mexico border was the red meat Trump was throwing to his base. But as of today, this caravan is still hundreds of miles from the U.S. border. And that means those people seeking asylum are still weeks away from even the nearest US border crossing.

Now that the midterm elections are over, though, when was the last time you heard Donald Trump and his sycophants going nuts over this manufacturered invasion? The bogus, partisan crisis has apparently passed, due to the apparent failure of this scare tactic to motivate enough diehard Trumpsters to vote enough Republican candidates into the House of Representatives to maintain a GOP majority.

Democrats need a muse to inspire them, and while they did pretty well on Tuesday, they must figure out how to guide this victory into a path toward saving the American democracy.

And I also need a muse to figure out how fit the word tactile into this post. Oh wait. I just added this photo I found on Google Images. I think it is illustrative of tactile, don’t you?7AEEC518-3FC6-4B42-9D89-DD944E5CF100

Written for these one word prompts: Scotts Daily Prompt (manufacture), Ragtag Daily Prompt (seethe), Your Daily Word Prompt (nearest), Daily Addictions (muse), Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (guide), and Word of the Day Challenge (tactile).

30 thoughts on “Mister MITOO

1. James Pyles November 10, 2018 / 2:49 pm

The phrase:

reminds me that Trump may manufacture fear and loathing among his followers, but he also manufactures seething rage within his opponents, making him especially powerful. Maybe Michael Moore has something when he refers to Trump as an “evil genius” who everyone underestimates. Oh, and Moore agrees with you that Trump will likely be re-elected in 2020.

• James Pyles November 10, 2018 / 4:06 pm

Well, it was Michael Moore who said it, so I suppose we can consider the source. 😉

• Marleen November 10, 2018 / 8:56 pm

It’s important to pay attention to facts (be a true witness) and not get too worked up about it (but that doesn’t mean to be complacent or downplay the dangers).

2. Paula Light November 10, 2018 / 4:39 pm

The new freak out on the right is about HOW DARE THOSE CHEATING LIBERALS COUNT ALL THE VOTES AFTER WE THOUGHT WE WON? Trump is personally so upset by this outrageous vote counting that he can’t even go out in the rain in France or he’ll melt into a puddle of goo.

• Fandango November 10, 2018 / 6:28 pm

Or he won’t go out in the rain because he wants to hold a secret meeting with Putin.

3. Sight11 November 10, 2018 / 6:29 pm

So the question remains is he getting powerful, I hope not?

• Fandango November 10, 2018 / 6:33 pm

I think he’s on the ropes, which means he’s desperate, which puts us all in danger.

4. Sadje November 10, 2018 / 6:34 pm

Got all the prompts fitting in well even tactile!

5. Marleen November 10, 2018 / 8:47 pm

I think the jellyfish looks like a mirage. And if it were real, one wouldn’t want to touch it as they are all poisonous to some extent, more so the larger.

• Fandango November 10, 2018 / 9:46 pm

I think you can touch the top of a jellyfish, but not the tentacles. It’s the tentacles that have the sting.

• Marleen November 11, 2018 / 12:01 pm

I just learned some things about jellyfish. I’m glad you shared the picture for whatever reason. Jellyfish are the medusa phase in a lifecycle. I’ve swum in water with jellyfish but not touched any (and not been afraid either). I thought like I do with bees — don’t bother them.

• Fandango November 11, 2018 / 10:57 am

Have you ever touched a jellyfish? It’s a tactile experience.

• newepicauthor November 11, 2018 / 12:02 pm

They jiggle like gelatin, but if you get stung then someone has to pee on you.

• Marleen November 11, 2018 / 12:06 pm

It’s an excuse for people who want to pee on you. Just awaiting the chance.

• Marleen November 11, 2018 / 12:25 pm

Lol

• Fandango November 11, 2018 / 12:29 pm

Just one of the risks of swimming in the Chesapeake Bay.

• Marleen November 11, 2018 / 1:51 pm

Were you living there or visiting?

• Fandango November 11, 2018 / 6:23 pm

I lived about 40 miles east of the bay.

• Marleen November 11, 2018 / 3:06 pm

I don’t mean living in the bay.

• Marleen November 11, 2018 / 6:33 pm

You apparently like bay areas.

• Fandango November 11, 2018 / 9:50 pm

Yes. And near oceans, too.