Sunday Writing Prompt — Fuhgeddaboudit

34DCC9D3-27D1-4D90-993B-561EA80AC8E1For this week’s Sunday Writing Prompt from Mindlovemisery’s Menagerie, the challenge is to try something new. Like using a different medium for your creative expression, tackling a new and perhaps controversial topic, challenging one of your own fears and writing about the experience, or stepping outside of your comfort zone. You get the idea, right?

Well here’s what I have to say about that: fuhgeddaboudit. Why would I want to do that? I’ve challenged myself my entire life. Now it’s time to relax. I’ve earned it. Listen, I’m an old guy, a septuagenarian. I like things the way they are. And I’m actually quite comfortable in my comfort zone. I neither want to nor need to change.

Besides, I do challenge myself with my blog. I post between three and six times a day. I respond to word prompts, to photo prompts, to some of these crazy Mindlovemisery’s Menagerie prompts. I even host my own daily word prompt.

I regularly post my thoughts, observations, and perspectives on what is going on around me. I read what other bloggers have to say and often comment on their posts. I respond to comments that others have made on my posts.

And I also have other activities of daily living that I have to manage, ranging from walking the dog multiple times a day to chores around the house to keeping my wife happy to paying the bills and to reading books and watching TV.

Seriously, the last thing I need right now is to take on any new challenges. This old dog doesn’t want to learn new tricks.

9 thoughts on “Sunday Writing Prompt — Fuhgeddaboudit

1. James Pyles November 5, 2018 / 4:57 am

Which reminds me, as soon as I can get my sleep patterns to stabilize, I need to get back to the gym.

2. Sadje November 5, 2018 / 5:59 am

It’s good to know that there are people like me who don’t want to change and are comfortable in their own niche.

3. newepicauthor November 5, 2018 / 8:38 am

Do you ever have days where you just feel like writing and you don’t want to bother reading other people’s posts?

• Fandango November 5, 2018 / 10:23 am

Only when I’m crunched for time, like yesterday when I was out most of the day with my family. Otherwise, I like reading what other bloggers post.

4. mindlovemisery November 5, 2018 / 10:27 am

I think writing does challenge us to look inside of ourselves =) It gladdens my heart though to hear that you are content and are comfortable with yourself!

5. Marilyn Armstrong November 5, 2018 / 7:59 pm

I think those of us who have lived a whole live and taken on a lot of challenges and braved a fair number of hardships are not all that interested in trying something new and challenging. I think I’ve been sufficiently challenged. Now, I’m retired. I want to enjoy not working. I want to relax. In a non-challenging way.

6. Sight11 November 5, 2018 / 8:13 pm

So try to write a poetry or eat flat bread and lentils like you promised…