Sadje over at Keep It Alive was just nominated (again) for the Sunshine Blogger Award. She dutifully answered the 11 questions asked of her and, per the instructions, posed 11 new questions. But rather than nominating 11 new bloggers for the award, she instead wrote, “My nominees are anyone who likes to answer my 11 questions. You all are invited to participate!”
So thanks for the “nomination” and invitation, Sadje. Here are your questions and my answers.
- What made you start your blog? I retired at the end of 2016. By May of 2017, my constant presence around my wife (i.e., always being underfoot) prompted her to say to me, “Why don’t you start blogging?”
- What do you enjoy most about blogging? I enjoy exercising my imagination when I write flash fiction and expressing my utter disgust for Donald Trump, his administration, cabinet, and the Republicans in Congress.
- What is your dream? That there will be an enormous “blue wave” in Tuesday’s elections, that Robert Mueller will find irrefutable evidence of high crimes and misdemeanors perpetrated by Donald Trump, which will result in his removal from office, that America will be able to recover from the damage that he’s done to our country and to the environment in my lifetime, and that, when I go to sleep each night, I’ll wake up the next morning.
- How do you find inspiration to write? You mean aside from my wife urging me to get out of her hair by blogging? I find inspiration from word and photo prompts, family and friends, and the news.
- Which is your favorite place on the planet? My home.
- Coffee or tea or…..? Coffee, for sure.
- If you had to cook dinner, what will you cook? Probably pasta.
- What do you think of climate change? It’s real and it worries me.
- Who is your role model? To be honest, I don’t really have a role model at this point in my life.
- Which is your favorite time of the year? Fall.
- Books, TV, or movies — how you spend your free time? Sadly, of the three, it’s TV. But I probably spend an equal amount of time writing and reading blog posts, which makes my wife very happy (see question 1.)
As Sadje did, I now invite anyone who wishes to answer these questions to feel free to do so.