I was NOT Nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award

4976F9E6-BEE0-42A6-8ADC-53EFF2593555
Sadje, over at Keep It Alive, was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. As part of the process, she was instructed to “Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.”

Sadje did nominate 11 other bloggers for the Sunshine Blogger Award…and I was not one of them. But that’s okay because I have officially declared my blog to be an award free blog.

But Sadje did pose 11 new questions that I thought were good questions. So even though I wasn’t nominated or even asked to answer her 11 questions, I’m going to anyway.

1. How long have you been blogging?

I just celebrated 13 years of blogging, as I explained here.

2. Do your friends and family support you in this?

They are ambivalent, which is one way of saying that they couldn’t care less.

3. Which is your favorite time of the day?

Mealtime.

4. What would be your dream vacation?

A few relaxing, off-the-grid weeks at a cabin in the mountains or a bungalow by the ocean.

5. What genre of movies you like best?

This is a tough one, since genres like dramas, comedies, action movies, etc. are too broad. I enjoy movies that make me think and that make me laugh.

6. What do you wake up to?

My wife walks our dog first thing in the morning. As soon as they return, she jumps in bed and starts licking me. Our dog, that is. Not my wife.

7. Are you a morning person?

Most definitely. I’m usually up by 6:00 or 6:30 and back in bed at night by 10.

8. What motivates you?

Motivates me to do what? If it’s to get up in the morning, it’s when our dog jumps up on the bed and starts licking me.

9. How do you think your friends see you?

Mostly with their eyes.

10. What would be your idea for saving the environment from pollution?

Vote the Republicans out of office and reverse the Supreme Court Citizens United decision.

11. Happy or peaceful, what is more important to you?

Being at peace makes me happy.

Having brazenly plagiarized Sadje’s 11 questions, I will now add insult to injury by inviting anyone else who wishes to answers these questions to feel free to copy the questions and answer them on your own blog. Be sure to link back to Sadje’s originating post here so that she gets the credit she deserves.

16 thoughts on “I was NOT Nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award

1. Sadje October 22, 2018 / 3:12 am

Wonderful! Made me laugh out loud( lol for short) I really enjoyed your answers. Thanks for sharing the questions and your witty responses. Hope more people take up the questions!

2. Michael October 22, 2018 / 3:14 am

I am devastated for you good sir, saying so is the least I can do.
    I did like your answers though you did have me going for a second or two about the licking.
    Greatness is not always ours to grasp is it? Sometimes it’s thrust upon us and most times greatness seems to go to the guy next to you….such is life….but I thought it a good point to point out your upset at being over looked…maybe next time she will graciously recognise you for the gallant man you are??

• Fandango October 22, 2018 / 7:52 am

Only nominations. It’s more like a chain letter than an award. But it’s still nice that other bloggers take the time to recognize their peers.

3. Marleen October 22, 2018 / 10:32 am

I first blogged with regard to a television show, and I’ve never blogged for anything pop culture related since. It was for the Rock Star competition/s.(There were two seasons, and I’d have to think about it a while to remember if I blogged for both or one or the other — if it actually counts as blogging to comment but not run my own blog.)

4. pensitivity101 October 22, 2018 / 10:37 am

Like your answers too, but I see you already have a Sunshine Blogger Award from February (but not 11 questions!) I thought you already had it otherwise I would have nominated you in my batch, so I’ll send it by proxy as I have for my other bloggers with award free sites who make me smile.

5. Melanie B Cee October 22, 2018 / 12:38 pm

I did these TOO, but didn’t know it was Diane(a?) who posted them FIRST. I’ll have to scurry over and credit her for them. They WERE intriguing questions….and is it not a little sad that your wife doesn’t leap on you in bed and start licking you? Or have you guys been together so long that doing that sort of activity is merely passe? I can’t envision licking MY husband (not now particularly…eww…ashes; but when he was living and he’d just woken up. He always had to pee. NOW, soooo….. tmi? mebbe). And ‘with their eyes?” BWAHAHAHHAHA!!! I wish I’d thought of that… hilarious! 😀

6. Marilyn Armstrong October 22, 2018 / 2:13 pm

Stole your questions. I shouldn’t read your answers first because they are so much like mine, I find I have to come up with something different just so I won’t sound like your clone.

7. talesfromthemindofkristian October 22, 2018 / 2:52 pm

Good answers. I would have nominated you ages ago if you weren’t a non-award blog, but then I would say that, wouldn’t it? 😉

8. Sight11 October 22, 2018 / 10:53 pm

I’ve a question for does you Mrs. Fandango knows about your blogging buddies Jim and I, and does she read your or for that matter other people posts. I know she does Twitter…. Like Jim does Netflix…?

• Fandango October 22, 2018 / 10:59 pm

She knows about my blog, and has maybe read a few of my post…mostly when I rant about Trump, but I don’t think she reads the comments or knows who follows it. I don’t think she reads other bloggers either.

• Fandango October 23, 2018 / 7:16 am

She knows that I have regular followers, but I don’t know if she knows anyone’s names.