40 Odd Questions

84E3B403-F590-40C6-A5E7-603F4F29806DCheryl (aka, The Bag Lady) published a list of 40 questions labeled “odd things about me” that she received from her sister. 40 seems like a lot of questions, but they’re short (and odd) and don’t require a whole lot of thought. And since I don’t particularly like to give anything a whole lot of thought, I thought I’d take a shot at them.

1. Do you like blue cheese? No. When cheese turns blue, it’s moldy, so I throw it away. Or maybe when it turns green. I can never remember.

2. Coke or Pepsi? Diet Coke.

3. Do you own a gun? I have a soldering gun in my garage. Does that count?

4. What flavor of Kool-aid? Never, no way, just yuck!

5. Hot dogs? What about them?

6. Favorite TV show? The Rachel Maddow Show. Yeah, I know.

7. Do you believe in ghosts? No.

8. What do you drink in the morning? Coffee.

9. Can you do a push-up? A single push up? Yeah.

10. Favorite Jewelry? Other than my watch, the only jewelry I wear is my wedding band.

11. Favorite Hobby? Blogging.

12. Do you have ADD? No, I have SUBTRACT.

13. Do you wear glasses? Only when I need to see anything.

14. Favorite cartoon character? Bullwinkle Moose.

15. Three things you did today? Ate, walked the dog, and responded to these 40 odd questions.

16. Three drinks you drink regularly? Coffee, Diet Coke, water.

17. Current movies? My wife just dragged me to see “A Stars is Born” with Lady GaGa. It wasn’t bad.

18. Do you believe in magic? Only as a Lovin’ Spoonful song title.

19. Favorite place to be? At home.

20. How did you ring in the New Year? Snoring.

21. Travel? Where would you go? Australia and New Zealand.

22. Name five people who will most likely read this? I don’t know. I guess five of the dozen or so people who regularly follow my blog and comment on most of my posts.

23. Favorite movie? Young Frankenstein.

24. Favorite color? Blue.

25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Don’t know. Never tried them.

26. Can you whistle? Yes, but not like those really loud whistles.

27. Where are you now? Home.

29. Favorite food? Chesapeake Bay Blue Crabs.

30. Least favorite chore? Cleaning the bathroom.

31. Best job you can think of? Radio disk jockey.

32. What’s in your pockets? Pants pockets: wallet, keys, Vaseline Lip Therapy tube, mints, lint. Shirt pocket: tissue, more lint.

33. Last thing that made you laugh? My cat playing in an empty box for something that was just delivered from Amazon.

34. Favorite animal? My dog…and my cat.

35. What’s your most recent injury? When my cat scratched the shit out of my hand.

36. How many TV’s are in your house? Three, but the one in the guest room is rarely used.

37. Worst pain ever? Diverticulitis attack.

38. Do you like to dance? Nope.

39. Are your parents still alive? No.

40. Do you enjoy camping? I used to back in the day, but now I prefer a nice comfy bed in a nice clean room that is bug free at a place that has indoor plumbing.

Now you copy and paste the questions to your blog, but replace my answers with yours. Easy-peasy.

18 thoughts on “40 Odd Questions

1. Melanie B Cee October 19, 2018 / 5:23 pm

Great answers (as usual)!! And that #28 thing? Eh. Nobody else (but me) noticed it either, so who is the strange one now?? 😛

2. Marleen October 19, 2018 / 8:36 pm

TVs in the house: Three, but one is a portable I use only to insert old videos, particularly exercise videos. The biggest one is in the basement. Another is in the family room. My mother once asked about “the television in the bedroom.” I said there wasn’t a television in the bedroom. This apparently didn’t compute, because she said something about a television in the bedroom again like immediately. I repeated myself as she hesitated and then laughed.

3. Marleen October 19, 2018 / 8:53 pm

Three things I did today: 1) Decided on details of and the company to provide a new driveway, sidewalk, and garage floor for the house I’m in. 2) Discussed terms of a rental agreement at a house one of my sons lives in [that we co-own] and will be supervising. 3) Informed a place online where I order frequently that their site is malfunctioning.

• Marleen October 20, 2018 / 12:56 pm

It’s a little freaky to replace a sidewalk that is fine, but it is going to have to match up with the new driveway and new front step. I would also be okay with the driveway itself as it is for now; although it’s cracked, it doesn’t look bad. But the main problem is that whoever poured the garage floor didn’t pack the earth below it very well, so there is a fairly major crack and drop at the entry from the driveway… and the driveway will need to sync with the new floor. (I also made sure that the down-spouts currently running off across the top of the sidewalk will be routed under the new sidewalk and diverted to exit at least ten feet from the foundation.)

[I have found that a lot of times when people fix things or get new things, they just re-do the old wrong same way that is in front of their face. Annoys me.]

4. Marleen October 19, 2018 / 9:09 pm

Three drinks I drink regularly? Coffee. Water. Those are the main ones. I could choose juice or milk third, but I don’t drink them daily — except I do put milk (and cream) in my coffee daily. I not infrequently use a sodastream device to carbonate* my water. My water is sometimes just from the tap and sometimes chilled in and put through the filter of my fridge. The water I use for my coffee is always tap and then filtered with a ZeroWater pitcher system.

* Drinking too much carbonation is not good for the bones.

Also, drinking too much water that is depleted of minerals isn’t good.

• Marleen October 21, 2018 / 4:38 pm

I prefer Coke over Pepsi, but I like both. I get cola once in a while with pizza or chili fries. If I get tacos at Taco Bell, I like Baja Blast (the blue fizzy drink).

• Fandango October 21, 2018 / 6:58 pm

Never had a Baja Blast, but I rarely go to Taco Bell. 😊

• Marleen October 21, 2018 / 7:24 pm

I rarely do also, but once in a while. Might try a chalupa next time.

#35 I know the timing’s off on this. I stubbed a big toe today on a stair.

Apparently, I had too much vodka with my Patriots game in the afternoon.

5. Sight11 October 19, 2018 / 10:41 pm

I read your post… Me me.. Me.. That’s just me grabbing attention and reminding you to eat flat bread and lentils….

• Fandango October 20, 2018 / 8:00 am

Where, indeed? I went back to the original, thinking I might have screwed up in my copy and paste endeavor, but the original was also without #28.

6. Suze October 20, 2018 / 6:46 am

love that we both said lovin spoonful….great minds and all that.

7. Marleen October 24, 2018 / 1:00 am

I avoid the word magic but like this music.

Andreas Vollenweider – Caverna Magica (Vinyl rip)