“One Word” of Appreciation

B6287C60-BD79-408A-B77E-8F3C19A0B419When WordPress announced at the end of May that it was dropping its one-word daily prompt, I was disappointed. So I decided to start my own one-word daily prompt, FOWC With Fandango, on June 1st.

Of course, I wasn’t the only blogger to come up with that brilliant idea. There are at least five other bloggers (or teams of bloggers) who have jumped in and started posting daily one-word prompts. These include the team from the Word of the Day Challenge, the Ragtag Daily Prompt team, Sheryl’s Your Daily Word Prompt, Scott Bailey’s Scotts Daily Prompt, and Roger Shipp’s Daily Addictions.

I decided a little while ago to support all of these other bloggers by incorporating their one-word prompts into my posts. And I’ve been having a blast turning the five daily one-word prompts from these other bloggers, along with my own one-word prompt, into single posts that use all six word prompts.

It’s a challenge because I never know until the day arrives, what the words are going to be. Yes, even on my own one-word prompt. I create and schedule them up to two weeks in advance and, because my memory sucks, by the time my daily FOWC With Fandango prompts post, I’m as surprised as just about everyone else.

But I’m having so much fun working with these prompts and I want to sincerely and genuinely thank those other brave bloggers who are offering up these challenges to the blogosphere. Believe me, I know how much work it takes to make it happen day in, day out seven days a week.

I hope I’ve been able to craft together cohesive posts using these six prompts and I hope all of you who also participate in my prompt, as well as the others I’ve mentioned, are having as much fun as I am.

6 thoughts on ““One Word” of Appreciation

1. Sight11 September 17, 2018 / 1:42 pm

Oi, I’m having fun reading them. Trust me I would participate.. But I don’t want to write just for the sake of it.. So when I have time I write..

2. Sight11 September 17, 2018 / 1:57 pm

FYI this post is not on my reader (I take time to go to the actual site and see if I missed any) and I suspect on most of your followers.. So it’s WordPress screwing you..

• Fandango September 17, 2018 / 2:37 pm

Hmm. I wonder why it’s not showing in the reader. Maybe I’ve reached my limit.

• Sight11 September 17, 2018 / 2:38 pm

Some post don’t show. Jim once was not able to to see my post in his reader and I hardly post nowadays.. So it’s WordPress way of saying Screw you..

3. talesfromthemindofkristian September 17, 2018 / 2:05 pm

I certainly am. I like to combine as many as possible. I think the most I have managed is seven prompts in one post, which includes the Three Things challenges that Teresa at the Haunted Wordsmith does. 🙂

4. Scott Andrew Bailey September 17, 2018 / 2:57 pm

Thank you for the mention a taking part in my own prompts. I struggle to do my own each day let alone anyone else’s! You’re doing fantastic and I always marvel at your (and others) who do multi prompt posts.