Armed and Dangerous

6B573425-B8E4-4432-91C8-0269AA04BD42A foreshadowing of things to come?

I’ve been concerned for many months that, were something to happen to Donald Trump, from indictment to impeachment, violence on the part of his ardent supporters will ensue.

At the risk of sounding a bit over dramatic, we may be standing at the precipice of a new American civil war.

Vladimir Putin must be licking his chops.

10 thoughts on “Armed and Dangerous

1. Sight11 September 17, 2018 / 3:39 pm

Huh! No one will do it, they are in minority even they know it..

2. James September 17, 2018 / 4:02 pm

Oh good grief. One nutbar in Maryland puts up a sign and suddenly it’s the “Trumpocalypse.”

I live in Idaho and the most provocative sign I’ve seen in front of someone’s house says something like “Homeowner armed and will not fire a warning shot.” I’ve also seen a representation of the Ten Commandments tablets in front of a house, and there’s a billboard along one section of the freeway that posts Bible verses. Another billboard shows an advert for a local church.

There are groups on both sides of the aisle who are so vocal you’d think they’re everywhere, but they’re not. I’d remind this fellow (assuming he wouldn’t shoot me on sight…that was a joke) that Bill Clinton was impeached and still got to stay President.

I discussed this just yesterday with the son who is the most liberal member of my family, and he agreed that impeaching a President does not automatically mean ‘You’re fired.” We also agreed that people forget, even if you get rid of Trump, Pence will become the President until the next election. Unlike what Rosie O’Donnell apparently believed, it doesn’t mean your former political opponent (Hillary Clinton) gets a “become President free” card.

• Fandango September 17, 2018 / 4:15 pm

Yeah, but it’s so much fun to point to these idiots.

• James September 17, 2018 / 5:06 pm

As I’ve pointed out before, the door swings both ways.

• Fandango September 17, 2018 / 5:23 pm

With all due respect James, I have to disagree with you. As you pointed out, Clinton was impeached, but I don’t remember any Democrats calling out for armed conflict over it. Trump’s ardent supporters…his 40%…are so radicalized and fanatical that I think there is a serious threat of armed retaliation. And all it will take would be a handful of isolated incidents to throw the country into chaos. I can see the U.S. under Martial Law if Trump gets impeached. And if he isn’t removed from office, as Clinton wasn’t, he might be the one initiating the conflict.

• James September 17, 2018 / 6:44 pm

Actually, I was specifically referring to acts of violence committed or incited by those on the left side of the aisle. As far as Clinton’s impeachment is concerned. I bought it up merely to point out that impeachment does not equal “out of a job”.

Here are some of the points I was references relative to rightists and leftists being equally capable of violence given a sufficient sense of fear. It’s the same emotion regardless of politics. All humans are capable of irrational fear and either a flight or fight response: https://poweredbyrobots.com/2018/08/06/has-a-new-civil-war-been-declared/

• Fandango September 17, 2018 / 7:32 pm

I recall your post. And I concede that there can be loonies on both the left and the right, but most of these expressions of armed violence seem to be coming from the right. Or at least I’m more sensitive to those coming from the right, where Nazis seem to be tolerated, if not embraced and where behavior that would otherwise bring down a politician, much less a president, are vigorously defended. There really isn’t, I believe, an equivalency.

3. baddadcartoons101 September 17, 2018 / 4:43 pm

Like I told you a couple of days ago, keep posting until they take away your First Amendment rights! Fight their Second Amendment rights with your First Amendment rights!

4. Suze September 17, 2018 / 5:17 pm

yes, there are idiots on both sides of this divided political spectrum…yes, people are afraid on both sides. yes some believe an impeachment means he is fired. Yes, some (idiots) believe Hils will be pres. Yes, some believe Kavanaugh would be a great judge. the MAJORITIES on both sides don’t believe any of it..and we’d better learn how to speak to each other and find compromise before the morons are set loose.Because until we do find a way to reconnect our country is absolutely doomed to failure.