26 New Questions

51FD7E16-4D03-4F93-B8D7-580EA06EACDABarbara, over at Teleportingweena, posted 26 short questions that I thought were fun, so I decided to spend a few minutes taking them on. Are you ready?

1. Share your profile picture. Okay, you’ve seen it probably every time you visit my blog, but here it is again.Grim fandango cropped
  2. Who are you named after? I’m named after my grandfather, Fandango The First.
  3. Do you like your handwriting? I used to have great handwriting, but now that I’ve gotten older, it’s become virtually illegible, so no.
  4. What’s your favorite lunchmeat Tuna fish. And yes, I know that tuna is technically not meat, but it’s my favorite lunch sandwich.
  5. Longest relationship? My wife and I just celebrated our 40th anniversary.
  6. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes. And my appendix, too.
  7. Would you bungee jump? Not a chance.
  8. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Yes, of course. Doesn’t everyone?
  9. Favorite ice-cream? Stephen Colbert’s Americone Dream from Ben & Jerry’s.
  10. What’s the first thing you notice about people? At the risk of sounding sexist, their gender. Then their eyes.
  11. Football or baseball? Baseball during the baseball season and football during the football season.
  12. What color pants are you wearing? Since I always wear jeans, blue.
  13. Last thing you ate? Pizza.
  14. If you were a crayon what color would you be? I don’t know. Red? Blue? Green?
  15. Favorite smell? Bacon, which I rarely eat. (I was going to say my own farts, but, ew.)
  16. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone? I don’t remember. I hardly ever speak on the phone. The last person I texted, though, was my daughter.
  17. Hair color? What color is bald? But my beard is gray.
  18. Eye color? Blue. Those are my eyes at the header of this post.
  19. Favorite food to eat? Chesapeake Bay Blue Crabs.
  20. Scary movies or happy endings? Scary movies with happy endings. Actually, comedies.
  21. Last movie you watched? “Active Measures.”
  22. Favorite holiday? Trump Impeachment Day.
  23. Beer or wine? Beer. Wine gives me acid reflux.
  24. Favorite day of the week? I’m retired, so every day is pretty much the same.
  25. Three or (four) favorite bloggers you want to learn more about? Any blogger who takes the time to answer these first 25 questions. That will tell me what I want to learn about them.
  26. Added info you didn’t know you wanted. How do I know what info I didn’t know I wanted? If I knew how to answer this question, then, by definition, I knew I wanted it.

If any of you bloggers out there feel like taking on these 26 questions, feel free to copy and paste the questions and insert your own answers. Or you can use my answers. I don’t mind.

32 thoughts on “26 New Questions

1. Michael September 11, 2018 / 6:10 pm

26 Questions

1 Share your profile photo – me in 2015 atop a mountain in Switzerland.

(sorry the photo didn’t come out, I haven’t changed much, I don’t think)

• Who are you named after? My great grandfather, also called Michael
    • Do you like your handwriting? No never did, I was always in trouble with the Office Staff when I sent something to be typed. Thank goodness for computers.
    • What’s your favorite lunchmeat NA as I don’t eat meat at lunch..
    • Longest relationship? 23 years
    • Do you still have your tonsils? Yes. .
    • Would you bungee jump? No!.
    • Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Yes.
    • Favorite ice-cream? I refrain these days, but probably strawberry.
    • What’s the first thing you notice about people? If they are happy or scowling. Then their eyes.
    • Football or baseball? For me its cricket during summer, God’s gift to sport and in the winter our brand of footy..
    • What color pants are you wearing? Charcoal.
    • Last thing you ate? Crackers and cheese.
    • If you were a crayon what color would you be? Blue..
    • Favorite smell? Frangipani
    • Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone? My youngest daughter
    • Hair color? Gray but it’s an endangered species.
    • Eye color? Blue. .
    • Favorite food to eat? Italian
    • Scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings, then the tears I shed are worth it.
    • Last movie you watched? Life of Brian
    • Favorite holiday? Christmas
    • Beer or wine? NA
    • Favorite day of the week? I’m retired, and every day is a good day.

• Michael September 11, 2018 / 7:14 pm

I left out the final two questions as I didn’t have anything to add nor say.

• Fandango September 11, 2018 / 7:15 pm

I’m glad you enjoyed it. You ought to write a post with your own answers. I’m sure that would be interesting.

2. The Haunted Wordsmith September 11, 2018 / 7:09 pm

15. Bacon
    16. My son
    17. Gray
    18. Blue
    19. BBQ
    20. Musicals
    21. 10.5 (my mother loves apocalypse movies)
    22. Halloween
    23. I don’t drink
    24. Monday (son goes back to school)

3. Sight11 September 11, 2018 / 8:24 pm

I don’t untie my shoes while wearing or taking them off..

• Sight11 September 11, 2018 / 10:01 pm

I don’t know been doing it since I was a kid. If we meet you’ll see.

• Fandango September 11, 2018 / 10:40 pm

Next time I’ll remember to stop at 25.

4. Marleen September 11, 2018 / 10:05 pm

1) I have thought about coming up with something.

2) … two (first and middle names) of my mother’s sorority sisters.
    3) … ditto what Fandango said.
    4) … pastrami.
    5) … my mom (my dad has passed away recently), my cousin who is as a sister (as well as aunts who are still alive and other cousins), a few high school and college friends, and my children’s father (38 years) since six years before the first (32) was born.

Congratulations, Fandango!

6) … ditto what Fandango said.
    7) … not at all.
    8) … yes.
    9) … chocolate with nuts and marshmallow or chocolate with peanut butter dark chocolate cups or mint dark chocolate chip. Or coffee chocolate chip. (I’m pro-Americone Dream.)
    10) probably whether (or not) they’re well groomed — mainly in terms of being clean — and friendly. (But friendly might be overrated, as some friendly plumbers keep trying to rip me off.)
    11) have enjoyed both but will go with baseball (due to fewer serious injuries).
    12) red (they’re new, not what I’ve often been wearing, but I like them).
    13) steak, spinach, mashed potatoes.
    14) this one is difficult. I remember in a class being asked what season each of us is like and the teacher saying the question isn’t which season each of us likes best. Maybe that makes it a little easier. Still… um… I can narrow it down to the cool realm (blue or green or purple and anywhere from deep indigo to electric). I’ll answer 26 now with the season I’m most like — spring.
    15) the Climatron in St. Louis, but the way it was in the seventies (wet, tropical, lush). Or wood, including sawdust. Or Gold Lust hair oil (I think sandalwood and jasmine).
    16) last spoke on the phone with my third (middle) son and last texted my second to youngest (fourth) son.
    17) medium to light brown (with a hint of red
    when it’s Sun bleached) and a white streak.
    18) green that is very close to blue.
    19) strawberries, blueberries, peaches…

• Fandango September 11, 2018 / 10:39 pm

What happened to numbers 20-25?

• Marleen September 11, 2018 / 10:48 pm

I started dreaming about peaches and mangos and papayas, I think.

5. Léa September 12, 2018 / 12:30 am

1. Share your profile photo? It is just to the left.
    2.Who are you named after? Me.
    3.Do your like your handwriting? No. It has always been bad enough to qualify for Medical School.
    4.What’s your favorite lunch meat? I shall have to go with tuna.
    5.Longest relationship? Myself, I’ve known me since day one.
    6.Do you have your tonsils? No.
    7.Would you bungee jump? Not likely.
    8.Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Yes, if they are lace up shoes.
    9.Favorite ice-cream? Violet Gelato
    10.What’s the first thing you notice about people? Usually, the eyes.
    11.Football or baseball? Neither.
    12.What color pants are you wearing? None. How about a skirt?
    13.Last thing you ate? Blackberries.
    14.If you were a crayon what color would you be? It varies, purple, blue…
    15.Favorite smell? Lilacs.
    16.Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone? Does Skype count? I hate phones but I am in France and my best friend is in Sacramento
    17.Hair color? light brown with those sun-inflicted blond highlights.
    18.Eye color? Brown.
    19.Favorite food to eat? Moules Frites.
    20.Scary movies or happy endings? That is a tough one, I don’t like scary films but I do go in for foreign films.
    21.Last movie you watched? La Femme du Gardien de Zoo.
    22.Favorite holiday? Quatorze Juillet,
    23.Beer or wine? I live in the largest wine producing region in France, une verre rouge s’il vous plait!
    24.Favorite day of the week? Any day the sun is shining but Wednesday is our village market day so that is a bonus.
    25.Three or (four) favorite bloggers you want to learn more about? For me, all I need to know is revealed in their work.
    26.Any info you didn’t know you wanted? A bit ambiguous n’est pas?

6. Marleen September 12, 2018 / 8:17 am

Your answer to #22 is pretty nice, while also funny. My answer would be (and is) the 4th of July… except I could go down your train of thought (not so nice, I want to see him in jail and/or his accounts seized).

If I were to choose more of a holy holiday, I’d go with the Sunday before Passover (Palm Sunday in common parlance, but I don’t go by those schedules).

7. ghostmmnc September 14, 2018 / 7:53 am

Thanks so much for answering these questions, too! Super answers you gave. I like your profile picture a lot, and your blue eyes are very nice.
    Oh, tuna fish sandwiches are right up there at the top for me too.
    Congratulations on your 40th anniversary! Ours will be #49 come this December.
    Happy Friday! 🙂

• Fandango September 14, 2018 / 8:13 am

49! Wow. I’ll be happy if I live long enough to celebrate that one! Congrats!

• ghostmmnc September 14, 2018 / 11:44 am

Thanks! We, and you and yours must be doing something right to have made it this many years together. 🙂