Asleep at the Wheel

7103C79B-4F31-4FEC-AE8E-2AE290E761D3Donald Trump said he watched former President Barack Obama’s speech at the University of Illinois earlier today, but fell asleep during it. “I’m sorry. I watched it, but I fell asleep. I’ve found he’s very good, very good for sleeping.”

I watched Obama’s speech and not only did it not put me to sleep, it inspired me. It motivated me. And it dramatically demonstrated to anyone who took the time to watch it, the remarkable contrast between both the styles and the content of the former and the current presidents.

It really is too bad that Trump glibly demeaned Obama’s speech and dismissed the former president. Donald could have learned a lot about what a real president sounds like.

I so miss President Obama.

14 thoughts on “Asleep at the Wheel

1. Sight11 September 7, 2018 / 8:00 pm

As I said before also If he would have put the financial reforms he would have go down as a reformer, but sadly he didn’t..

2. Paula Light September 7, 2018 / 8:02 pm

Trump is lying as usual. He loved the speech because Obama talked about him.

3. pgraysurvival September 8, 2018 / 2:01 am

As an orator he was good but as a leader IMHO not so.
    Under him I feel the US slipped in morality and identity.
    The rise of liberalness, snowflakes, and worse.

But I’m very biased as I hate with a vengeance those who were pulling his strings.
    Those who were ‘advising him’.

What is true was Syria and how it was dragged out.
    The might of the US was never unleashed to destroy ISIS.
    To that end I thank Putin for taking the initiative.

As for Trump?
    In a two horse race between a witch and a egomaniac the US was left with choosing the better of two evils.

Sometimes I wonder if Killary would have been better.
    At least her hate was plain to see.

Trump is now hell bent of riling the world and only the patience and forbearance of other world leaders is preventing the US from getting a smack on the nose.

Of policy by Twitter, and the easy flip when things turn against him.
    His word is not true and only lasts till be boards Air Force One.
    Of apparent craziness in government.
    Of lies and where the words ‘fake news’ never fails to rile me.

I could be wrong looking in from afar. I’m not American so probably don’t understand.
    BUT each day I read his latest nonsense and wonder whats coming next,

Just how did America lose it’s ability to vote for a president they can be proud of?

• Fandango September 8, 2018 / 6:34 am

I have to disagree with you about Trump being the better of two evils. Hillary was a flawed candidate, but she was sane and qualified and not totally unhinged. And America didn’t vote for Trump. Hillary got 3 million more votes than Trump did, but Trump managed to win the arcane and archaic Electoral College.

• pgraysurvival September 8, 2018 / 7:29 am

ROTFL! Does that mean you think Trump is sane and not totally unhinged??? I also don’t think he was qualified in the slightest.

My reservations about Killary was her hate of Russia and, if American, I would not have voted for a fast track into WW3.

Yep, I know about the electoral college and was dismayed by what happened there. How can an unelected body decide who has won when 3 million more voted for Killary?

As said, not American, don’t understand the full story BUT it didn’t look very ‘fair’ or even Democratic..

• Fandango September 8, 2018 / 7:45 am

No, I do NOT think Trump is sane and is not totally unhinged. And I agree he is not at all qualified for the job of POTUS. As to Hillary, Russia IS an adversary and should be treated thusly. I don’t think having Hillary as president would have precipitated WW III. In fact, I’m sure she would have been aggressively taking steps to counter Russian intrusion into the American elections, which neither Trump nor the spineless Republicans in Congress are doing.

• pgraysurvival September 8, 2018 / 7:58 am

None could have predicted Russian intrusion, and I’m still not convinced that it was not total B.S. like Iraqs WMD’s (courtesy of the CIA)

However Putin did say he preferred Trump. Why? Now that’s a question.

Was it that he saw the weakness in the man and not the woman and therefore ‘opportunity’ by influencing the vote?
            Or did ‘favors’ pass hands.

This we will never know and the foodstuff of the conspiracy warriors.

• Fandango September 8, 2018 / 10:21 am

“None could have predicted Russian intrusion.” There’s a new movie available in some theaters, for downloading, and on Hulu called “Active Measures” that suggests, with significant back up, that Russia has been intruding for years and that it was predictable as the sunrise.

• pgraysurvival September 8, 2018 / 1:21 pm

But of course, just like everyone has been spying on everyone else since time began,

I especially liked it when the US hacked Merkel’s phone AND the UK’s prime minister’s Blackberry within a week of each other! Sales plummeted as a result.

Anyway Sun Tsu talked about the importance of spies in the greatest book ever, The Art of War. Written in 5th century BC.

4. writebrainwidow September 8, 2018 / 11:26 am

Unfortunately, falling asleep was the only thing his feeble mind could come up with to counteract the power of a real president.

• Marleen September 8, 2018 / 11:34 am

A real President; that’s right.