And Then There Was This

90BC03AE-42DC-42CF-ADB2-6B3C48D3832CEarlier today I published a post, “Rally Fatigue,” in which I lamented that people seem to have grown weary of attending anti-Trump rallies and protest marches. And it’s hard not to feel fatigued, since the despicable moron in the Oval Office gives us reason after reason to go to protest rallies and marches.

Just today the vindictive ignoramous demanded that American flags not be flown at half staff to honor the passing of John McCain. Traditionally, sitting senators who die in office have flags lowered in their honor from date of death until burial. How pathetic, thin-skinned, self-centered, and low-class can “our” president be?

One blogger, some dude who calls himself Jonolan, apparently feels a little different when it comes to those who rally against our asshole-in-chief. He graced my post with this comment:

“Yep. it sucks. I kept hoping that they’d grow and escalate so as to give Americans and OUR President the excuse to gun them down en mass as a matter of national security.

And yeah, you ‘wife’ would look so much better with a bullet hole through her nasty face, just like any other domestic enemy of the American people.”

My blogging buddy, Marilyn Armstrong, responded to that comment. She wrote:

“Ban Jonolan. Anyone who threatens you with a bullet in the face, ban him from your sight and REPORT HIM TO WORDPRESS. Don’t mess around with them. They aren’t cute or funny and ignoring them is a good way to wind up dead.”

I’ve decided not to ban him. Instead  I want to keep his comment there to remind me that Hillary was right all along when she said that half of Trump’s supporters belong in a basket of deplorables. Certainly this Jonolan guy is, as I responded in my post to his comment, “one sick puppy.”

13 thoughts on “And Then There Was This

1. katemccseattle August 27, 2018 / 12:44 pm

Wow. Even if you don’t deny access you should probably report it. Sounds like some serious emotional health issues are present. Perhaps supporters of the Difficult Toddler are starting to feel support-in-the-face-of-increasing-weirdness fatigue.

2. newepicauthor August 27, 2018 / 1:53 pm

Now I understand why you want to remain anonymous. I have nothing but respect for Mrs. Fandango and you also.

3. cagedunn August 27, 2018 / 1:54 pm

Report it. A threat of harm is an offence (we call it battery). It is not free speech. Keep a screen shot. That is evidence.
    Stepping over the line of legality has a consequence – if you report it.

4. Suze August 27, 2018 / 2:07 pm

report it. it is at minimum a terroristic threat and the idiot would be banned from social media sites.

• Fandango August 27, 2018 / 3:06 pm

Report it to who? The WordPress Happiness Engineers?

5. The Haunted Wordsmith August 27, 2018 / 7:21 pm

I have a “friend” who wears the “deplorable” tag like it was something to be proud of. Trolls are always going to be trolls and jerks are always going to be jerks. Unless we change social media (or people) it’s only going to get worse. We created the monster, but he let it out into the world. Trump was a disgrace during the campaign and is even worse now, but unfortunately, he plays into the immature trolls that have been created. When even I need a reminder of who actually believes in Trump, I just watch the space force video again and laugh my ass off at the people who said it’s like itunes and the NASA only tells us what they want us to know. It takes all kinds, but at least some are good for a laugh.