3TC — In Perfect Harmony

9E2BB461-A424-4BA8-BB32-FFC4F1FAA965So a priest, a rabbi, and an imam walk into a bar. Naturally, everyone in the bar turned to look at the strange sight. Even the bartender stood as still as a statue staring at the three clergymen.

The trio walked to the back of the bar, where there was a small stage. The rabbi opened up a case and pulled out a violin. The priest set up a small, electronic keyboard. The imam removed a saxophone from his satchel.

Not a sound could be heard from the other patrons in the bar. Everyone was staring at the three men on the stage, waiting to see what was going to happen. And then the clergymen began to sing.

“I’d like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony
I’d like to buy the world a drink
And keep it company
That’s the real thing.”

“The next round’s on us!” the three shouted in unison, to the raucous cheers of the bar’s patrons.

Written for today’s Three Things Challenge, where the things are statue, priest, and violin.

23 thoughts on “3TC — In Perfect Harmony

1. newepicauthor August 27, 2018 / 1:48 pm

I’d like to build the world a home
    And furnish it with love
    Grow apple trees and honey bees
    And snow white turtle doves

2. James Pyles August 27, 2018 / 1:56 pm

Uh, not to be a buzz kill but according to Wikipedia: “In Islam, consumption of any intoxicants (khamr, specifically, alcoholic beverages) is generally forbidden in the Qur’an through several separate verses revealed at different times over a period of years. At first, it was forbidden for Muslims to attend prayers while intoxicated.”

For a funny (though you’ve probably seen it, do a Google image search for “a priest a rabbi and a minister walk into a bar.”

• Fandango August 27, 2018 / 3:03 pm

Okay, drinks for everyone and a large Coca-Cola for the imam.

3. Marleen August 27, 2018 / 3:04 pm

True. But I’ve sat (more than once) and visited with drinking Muslims. One kept asking me why I wasn’t drinking (which isn’t a rule of mine, I just was drinking coffee that day).

At the hookah “bar” I’ve mentioned I went to once, they did not serve alcohol. They offered coffee (including lattes and mochas) and sodas (like French and Italian, maybe Coke).

4. Sight11 August 27, 2018 / 6:28 pm

Ever been to a mosque, temple, or a stupa?

• Sight11 August 27, 2018 / 10:32 pm

Try to.. Been to all three… Didn’t find God though.. Just saying..

• Marleen August 28, 2018 / 2:09 pm

I’ve been to a mosque, only once if I recall correctly. I had to look up stupa. (But I have a gorgeous reclining carved budda in the room where I’m blogging.)

• Marleen August 28, 2018 / 4:19 pm

I like the story of Siddhartha Gautama leaving his family palace and discovering how most people really live(d). The Buddha carving is inherited from my children’s dad’s mom.