The Way My Day Started

senior bald man shows middle fingerThe back of the guy’s car was sticking out a few inches into the intersection.

I was at the stop sign getting ready to make a right turn.

He was standing outside of the rear door on the driver’s side of his car, helping an elderly woman, his mother, maybe, into the car.

After looking to the left, I got ready to right turn, giving plenty of clearance to the parked car.

Just as I started my turn, the guy closed his car’s back door and stepped backwards right into the path of my turning car.

I slammed on my brakes to avoid hitting him.

He stood there, directly in front of my car.

He angrily said, “Hey, watch where I’m going!”

Then he flipped me the bird.

That’s the way my day started.

16 thoughts on “The Way My Day Started

1. Marilyn Armstrong August 25, 2018 / 9:32 am

Amazing how many people think you should watch where THEY are going — as if you are in their heads and can see through their eyes.

2. Melanie B Cee August 25, 2018 / 9:49 am

Um. Did you keep your temper or did you exchange birds? A timely and well spoken epithet wouldn’t have been out of line, nor a “I’m not a mind reader #$@!!” either. Honestly. Some people! I hope the rest of your day goes better!

• Fandango August 25, 2018 / 10:40 am

I bit my tongue and just drove off when he finally moved out of the way. I didn’t want things to escalate.

3. The Haunted Wordsmith August 25, 2018 / 9:51 am

Sorry to hear that. My day started when an unannounced storm hit at 12:45 am and took out half my tree, and caused chaos all over town. After getting our power back on this morning, I assumed (stupidly) that power was back on for everyone. Wrapped my baby toe and stuffed it into my shoes, argued with a tired teenager, and walked to the store only to find out they had no power. Lovely mornings all around I think…lol.

4. newepicauthor August 25, 2018 / 9:57 am

Your glass is half full, so it is bound to get better. The rest of your day will be all downhill, hopefully with out any unnecessary obstructions.

5. James August 25, 2018 / 10:29 am

My day started when I woke up, took a leak, then made some coffee. 😉

• Fandango August 25, 2018 / 10:42 am

Sounds about like my day…before I drove to the grocery store.

6. Sight11 August 25, 2018 / 8:14 pm

Well I got yelled from someone I don’t know, I had to hold my bladder cause maintenance was working.. And I just found out that I’ve to go to work again, no weekends for me.. Fair?