Stupid Is As Stupid Does

60CE4100-365A-4A3D-9724-0FD8AAFC0EE5You’ve probably seen this photo of these two buttholes at a recent Trump rally wearing t-shirts that read, “I’d rather be a Russian than Democrat.”

Is this really what Republicans believe? Does their hatred toward Democrats actually translate to their taking sides with the country, a declared adversary of American — and global — democracy, that meddled in the 2016 election to help Trump get elected and is likely continuing to meddle as we move toward the critical midterm elections in November?

What has happened to the Republican Party that once claimed to be the party that was tough on Russia and stood for family values? Has negative partisanship become so intense that they are willing to believe the worst about Democrats and to rationalize away the sins and crimes committed by Donald Trump and his cronies?

As Bill Maher said on his HBO show last night, the new Republican mantra seems to be “Better red than well read.”

And as Forrest Gump said, “Stupid is as stupid does.”

16 thoughts on “Stupid Is As Stupid Does

1. Richmond Road August 25, 2018 / 3:51 pm

It’s unlikely that these two intellectual titans even know where Russia is, so their implications about the experience of being Russian is likely not based on facts. Nor any of their other ideas about the world.

Neither Russians nor Democrats should therefore take offence.

2. Marilyn Armstrong August 25, 2018 / 5:54 pm

If the Russia probe finishes, I think we’ll see how far the money traveled and how many people were involved. I have a feeling a lot of other Republicans have been on the take, two. Which explains their “reticence” and unwillingness to stand up to Trump. They’ve been paid. All of them.

• Marleen August 25, 2018 / 6:33 pm

I think there’s “something” on most of them, too.

• Fandango August 25, 2018 / 7:16 pm

I agree. They’re all on the dole.

3. James August 25, 2018 / 8:26 pm

I’ve really been struggling on my own blog against this sort of stereotyping. While I consider myself an independent, basically because neither the Republicans or Democrats as a party can be trusted, you can’t just say “all liberals believe this” or “all conservatives believe this” because it just isn’t true. You can’t post a photo of two guys in t-shirts and say “that’s the Republican party.” Information needs to be based on facts, not emotion. Internet memes are designed to appeal to the feelings of one demographic or another. Liberals tout themselves as the intellectual party, but frankly, if this is any example, they are as emotion driven as any conservative, or in other words, any other human being.

• Fandango August 25, 2018 / 9:54 pm

I wasn’t making blanket statements as much as asking questions. But it still astounds me that, despite all of the evidence that suggests that Trump and his cronies colluded with Russia, have broken laws, are attempting to obstruct justice, and are constantly lying, he still has the support of 80-90% of Republican voters and just about every Republican in Congress. So yeah, I think I can post a picture of two guys in t-shirts and suggest that they may, indeed, reflect the Republican Party in the Trump era.

4. Michael August 26, 2018 / 2:35 am

They look like A couple of disgraced paedophile priests to me.

5. Marleen August 26, 2018 / 6:16 am

West Virginia War Vet Predicts Blue Wave In Coal Country

6. newepicauthor August 26, 2018 / 10:00 am

Too many dammed haters in this world and it is a shame that we lost John McCain, who was a good Republican

• Marleen August 26, 2018 / 10:43 am

I think we would’ve been better off with him rather than George “W” in 2000.

• Fandango August 26, 2018 / 11:06 am

Yes, the loss of McCain, one of the few remaining decent Republicans with integrity and scruples, is unfortunate. He will be missed.