Hygiene Hijinks

20C463BB-2C17-4E55-81BF-8EA06C7006DEA few days back I wrote a post about toilet paper.  I thought it might be a good time to pursue some related topics. Hence, I present you with the following survey of personal hygiene habits. If you wish to participate, you can either respond in the comments, or copy the items below and paste them into your own post.

Ready?

I prefer

• showers
  • baths

I bathe (or shower)

• daily
  • every other day
  • once a week, whether I need it or not
  • when I fail the sniff test

I brush my teeth

• once a day
  • twice a day
  • three times a day
  • right before I go to the dentist

I wash my hair

• daily
  • every other day
  • two to three times a week
  • once a week
  • I’m bald, so….

I wash my hands after I go to the bathroom

• every time
  • only after I poop
  • only after I pee
  • what for?

I wash my hands before eating

• every time
  • most of the time
  • sometimes
  • rarely or never

I wear clean underwear

• daily
  • every other day
  • weekly
  • I go commando

I wear clothing ____ times before I wash them

• one
  • two
  • three
  • until they no longer pass the sniff test

I shave my face/legs/armpits

• daily
  • every other day
  • weekly
  • less than weekly
  • never

I weigh myself

• at least daily
  • several times a week
  • monthly
  • I don’t want to know

Feel free to add other related questions to this survey.

18 thoughts on “Hygiene Hijinks

1. cagedunn August 23, 2018 / 2:49 pm

Sniff! No one will notice … another day or so …
    no teeth left – oh, hang on -there’s one in there! Or is that … Oh, god!
    do people still wear clothes? and launder them? Oh, I see. *shrug*

2. Marilyn Armstrong August 23, 2018 / 3:53 pm

I’m really good about brushing my teeth, washing my hands, and wearing clean underwear. I won’t swear to anything else!

3. JT Twissel August 23, 2018 / 3:54 pm

Don’t you want to know how many times a day we pick our noses? ; )

• Fandango August 23, 2018 / 4:56 pm

Being regular always deserves extra credit.

4. Melanie B Cee August 23, 2018 / 6:06 pm

Well I, for one, enjoyed this little survey. Now where are YOUR answers, sir? I notice you left that part out…and the Grammar and Spelling Police have their eye on you….. Bushing one’s teeth? Is that when someone is camping out and forgot to bring a toothbrush?

• Fandango August 23, 2018 / 8:48 pm

What? You don’t bush your teeth?

5. Marleen August 23, 2018 / 7:10 pm

I never weigh myself (except by someone else’s habitual insistence — like a nurse at a doctor’s office). It hasn’t meant much very often (although I’m Just now remembered I gained fifty pounds with my first pregnancy — and it was all gone in three months), I weighed a hundred five for about thirty years and then gradually gained enough to make my clothes not fit any more for a few years as this was the slow walk to menopause. Knowing the corresponding numbers wasn’t going to help anything. I now seem to have reached a new homeostasis.

I like both showers and baths, probably baths better than showers, but take showers more often than baths. And if I take a bath, I feel I need to shower off after — since I don’t have a hand shower for the tub. That’s fine; I can use my conditioner in the shower. I used to wash my hair every day, have discovered that’s not necessary any more and would dry out my hair too much. Now that’s every other day, usually. I ALWAYS wash my hands after going to the bathroom. Everyone should. I know some people think people should wash their hands before eating at any and all times. I do this anywhere from sometimes to most of the time, depending.

Gotta clean the teeth at least twice a day (more than twice involves more flossing). I neglected this at one point and found that once only per day led to my teeth being sensitive, thus I started using Sensodyne toothpaste as well as doing things right.

Shaving under the arms happens with every bath or shower. (The legs are less of a regular thing, but not exactly neglected.) I once tried to do the permanent removal of that hair so I wouldn’t have to go through this or buy razors or whatever, but I was told my hair was too light for such a process to go well; another puzzling experience in my life of perceiving myself as a brunette.

6. Sight11 August 23, 2018 / 8:11 pm

Except for shaving regular, and Daily, I don’t weigh myself ever I prefer showers…

7. talesfromthemindofkristian August 24, 2018 / 9:40 am

I prefer baths. I take a bath at least once a week. You can’t read in the shower.

I also shower a couple of times during the week and before going out in the evening (on the rare occassions that I do)

I brush my teeth when I feel the need to (usually daily). I use antiseptic mouthwash at least once a day.

I wash my hair daily

I wash my hands every time I go to the bathroom, whenever I’ve stroked my pet chickens and before most meals.

I wear clean underwear every other day. You can turn them inside out, if necessary. Hey, it’s good for the planet!

I wear clothing twice before I wash them (see my environmentally friendly argument above)

I shave my face every other day

I NEVER weigh myself. In fact, I don’t even own a pair of scales.

All this could explain why no one stands downwind of me… But as I hate crowds, it makes good crowd control.

• Fandango August 24, 2018 / 9:43 am

All quite reasonable responses. Well, maybe except for the one about turning your underwear inside out on day two. I hope there are no skid marks from day one. Thanks for playing along.

8. rugby843 August 24, 2018 / 10:10 am

Showers only, every other day, shaving same. Constantly wash my hands and brush what teeth I have left after bad dentist history, wear clothes once, except sweaters, fresh undergarments every day or more depending on the situation, and that’s about it. I don’t have a scale.