Reblog: He’s Not Stupid. He’s Self-Obsessed.

An accurate diagnosis of the media hound who is our president. Sad.

THE SHINBONE STAR

We have to stop assuming and calling Trump stupid. Because he isn’t. Not even when it comes to politics, a field foreign, but not off limits to him during his lifetime.

What we are seeing is also not a symptom of mental illness (unless you count narcissistic delusions, then he has it in spades). It’s merely the actions of a pathetic, fat, white, rich man who loves his spotlight.

Donald J. Trump is a one man wrecking crew; a con man and the head of a circus show that’s been around for quite some time, since long before he campaigned for the top job in the United States.

As much as he whines and cries and yells about the media and “fake news,” this man not only doesn’t dislike it, he actually craves it and always has.

Does he hate and try to undermine any media outlet that doesn’t portray…

View original post 542 more words

9 thoughts on “Reblog: He’s Not Stupid. He’s Self-Obsessed.

1. Marilyn Armstrong August 13, 2018 / 9:39 am

He isn’t (wasn’t) stupid, though i think he is mentally ill and possible heading deep into dementia. AND I think as close to illiterate as anyone we’ve had in the White House. But not stupid. Smart, in a cunning, street-smart way. I was going to reblog this, but I reblogged them yesterday. I still loved their SPACE FORCE! post.

2. James Pyles August 13, 2018 / 10:18 am

I liked this part best:

So if we really want to stop this man from destroying the country and the entire base of democracy, we can do the one thing many of us have talked about for months: turn off the media. Don’t show up to the rallies. Don’t sit in the room waiting for press secretary Sombre Sanders to lie to you. Don’t retweet a tweet or even mention it on TV.

Instead, talk about real news, like what’s happening in Baltimore with police brutality or LeBron James’ school in Akron, Ohio. Let’s talk about the fires in California or hell . . . what about Puerto Rico?

This would also work with those white, racist rallies. Don’t show up to counter-protest. Not only will there be no violence, but no one will be listening to them and giving them the attention they crave.

If we decided not to listen to the news, we’d all probably be much nicer people.

• Fandango August 13, 2018 / 11:32 am

I know I’d be much more relaxed and easy going. Unfortunately, it’s like when you see an accident by the side of the road. It’s close to impossible to not look at it.

3. pgraysurvival August 13, 2018 / 2:36 pm

Mad, stupid or whatever, Trump is dangerous.
    I also reckon you may not be keeping up with world events.
    He is already ruining the world with his Trade and currency wars.

But that’s not the real worry.
    What if he starts engaging Iran, Russia, or China?
    If he does it could turn into a hot war of the instant sunshine type.

So is America ready to lose everything?
    It’s called mutually assured destruction or the MAD protocol.
    You shoot, they shoot, and everyone fries.

So unless someone in authority with an ounce of common sense, and a strong sense of self preservation, shuts him down quickly.

I recommend y’all consider stocking up with million factor sun block.

4. unexpectedincommonhours August 13, 2018 / 4:35 pm

He may not be stupid, but he is the most ignorant president we’ve ever had. Ignorant of U.S. history, world history, U.S. government, and foreign affairs, and he doesn’t even care. 😦

5. Marleen August 13, 2018 / 8:40 pm

He is self-obsessed. He is also stupid — stupidity borne of not caring about much other than the kinds of things you illustrated, MadMeg — and, yes, Marilyn, illiterate.

I learned on the news that this administration said in court they don’t know how to get about five hundred children (that they separated from their parents) back together with their parents… because they didn’t care about the children and still don’t. The serious argument from the so-called conservative administration was that the ACLU should figure out how to reunite the families. The ACLU is more competent and moral than the administration.

I agree with you, James, that police brutality in Baltimore, the neglect of Puerto Rico, the I Promise School on the positive side, and so much more, is far more noteworthy than Drumpf’s ridiculous rallies and Huckabee-Sanders’ ridiculous displays. Pgraysurvival, anything could happen; he is particularly dangerous.

There is also something strangely “compromised” about the Republican caucus and enterprise. I believe it began in the nineties in earnest and has grown . But while we hope for our courts to hold and follow through on proper process with regard to corruption, well, I don’t know what I can do directly about reuniting families or about police brutality. I do know I can help register people to vote. Let’s see… I can help support the ACLU. I support direct journalism (you know, the kind that goes out and gets real news — one option is local papers).

There’s Kids in Need of Defense: https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-government-has-no-plan-for-reuniting-the-immigrant-families-it-is-tearing-apart