Cee’s Back and it’s Time to Share Your World

SYWEach week Cee Neuner poses four interesting questions for us to answer in her Share Your World posts. Here are her questions for this week.

A class you wish you would have taken?

In the ninth grade, I was invited to be a member of the school’s chorus and I was thrilled to be included in that class. But I had, before I knew that I was even being considered for the chorus, applied for an advanced industrial arts course called the Industrial Art Research Lab. Only 12 students were invited to be in the IARL, and when I was selected, I felt compelled to accept it and to turn down the invitation to be in the chorus, even though that was my preference. As I look back, I wonder how being in the chorus, versus taking the IARL, might have altered the course of my life. Of course, I was 14 at the time, and my voice was changing, so maybe, in hindsight, it was a good decision.

Are you scared of heights?

No. That said, I’m not likely to go standing on the edge of a steep cliff and bend over to get a better view of the precipice.

Are you a good cook? If so, do you consider yourself a chef?

I am a great cook of anything that can be “cooked” in a microwave oven. The closest I’ve ever come to being a chef is when I open up a can of Chef Boyardee ravioli and heat it up in the microwave.135A9F8D-D8C2-48B8-B639-5B76FD612604What did you appreciate or what made you smile this past week?

This past Saturday, my two adult children, their significant others, and a few close friends came over and spent the day at our home. It was a very pleasant day that I really appreciated and that still makes me smile.

17 thoughts on “Cee’s Back and it’s Time to Share Your World

1. baddadcartoons101 August 13, 2018 / 7:18 pm

Great answers! Hanging out with the kids can be an awesome time. Always nice to know that time spent being a taxi, bank, maid and cook doesn’t go unappreciated!

2. Marilyn Armstrong August 13, 2018 / 9:07 pm

You and Garry have an identical cooking style. But he can make a sandwich AND he brews the coffee. Well, it’s a Mr. Coffee, but still, he sets it up. That’s something, right?

• Fandango August 13, 2018 / 9:56 pm

I can brew a pot of coffee and I can whip up a damn good tuna fish sandwich in a jiffy. Sound like Garry and I would get along quite well.

3. Sight11 August 13, 2018 / 10:48 pm

I can’t cook. Basically I tried, but it’s more like food committing suicide, when I try to cook it.

• Fandango August 13, 2018 / 11:41 pm

Maybe the problem is that you’re trying to cook the food while it’s still alive.

4. Laura August 14, 2018 / 11:31 am

I took chorus in middle and high school and it gave me a chance to express my artistic side. My brother stopped taking it in middle school — he had such a wonderful voice, I never understood why he’d quit. Until I was older and learned that boys often got teased if they sang in chorus. So unfair…
    Loved reading your answers!

5. leigha66 August 16, 2018 / 10:27 pm

Good answers. I always wished I had been brave enough to take chorus… but I did go out for modern dance class instead of gym and LOVED it. Now they offer a couple of classes they didn’t when I was there – bowling and Japanese would be two I would have liked to have taken.

• Fandango August 16, 2018 / 10:45 pm

I have two left feet and no rhythm, so dance class would not have been my choice.