“Finish the Story Challenge” Part 3

So this “blog hop” challenge, started by Teresa over at The Haunted Wordsmith, involves taking a brief story she started and then passing it along to others to run with it. She titled her story “Come Join Me For Lunch.” Teresa tagged Cheryl, aka “The Bag Lady,” to run with it. And Cheryl picked me for the next “chapter.” You can click here to see how Teresa started it and where Cheryl took it. Anyway, here’s my part 3:

3D8D39E8-7391-492D-B0E5-04C16712B7C3As soon as she opened the door and walked through the Golden Arches, Louise was hit by the pungent aroma of grilled chopped beef and deep-fried potatoes. How long had it been she’d last stepped foot in a McDonalds? She honestly couldn’t remember.

Louise got into line and was trying to decide if she should be good and order a salad or indulge on a burger. When it was her turn to order, she asked for a quarter-pounder with cheese with everything on it. Plus, a large order of fries. Hell, the way her day had been going so far, she deserved to treat herself to something different, right?

So that’s it. Now I suppose I’ve got to choose someone else, huh? I’ve got it. I’m going to tag master storyteller James Pyles over at Powered By Robots. No doubt he’ll take this tale in an interesting direction.

Over to you, James.

12 thoughts on ““Finish the Story Challenge” Part 3

1. Sight11 August 9, 2018 / 8:04 pm

I never had a burger, I did loved salted butter white bread though..

2. James August 10, 2018 / 4:35 am

I hate McDonalds and if you make me do this, it won’t end well. 😉

• Fandango August 10, 2018 / 7:02 am

Who said anything about it having to end well?

• James Pyles August 10, 2018 / 7:05 am

OK. I took the bait, but I didn’t know who to tag next, so I ended the story.

• Fandango August 10, 2018 / 7:11 am

Okay. I guess we’ll never know how the rest of Louise’s Monday turned out.

3. Marilyn Armstrong August 10, 2018 / 5:42 pm

Well, if she’d ordered the salad, she’d probably have salmonella. Ironic that the SALAD should make people sick rather than the burgers.

• Fandango August 10, 2018 / 6:40 pm

That’s why, when given the choice between a salad and a burger, I’ll always go with the burger.