WOTD Tuesday Photo Prompt — Fragrant

fragrantNo doubt that most who respond to today’s Word of the Day Tuesday Photo Prompt will be posting pictures or telling stories about the wonderfully fragrant flowers in their gardens, of the sweet fragrance of delicious foods being prepared in their kitchens, or of the sexy scent of perfume or cologne worn by their lovers. After all, today’s word is “fragrant.”

When I think of fragrant, though, I think of what greets me every morning when I wake up. It’s a rather pungent fragrance. It hits me almost as soon as I leave my bedroom. The fragrance is so powerful and maleficent that it occasionally stimulates a gag reflex.

So as I write of the word fragrant, it’s not about flowers, food, or perfume that comes to mind. It’s of the fragrant little giftie that my cat leaves me in his litter box sometime during the dark of the night.EAB64ED9-98B9-4955-A704-5F5F0B964746

10 thoughts on “WOTD Tuesday Photo Prompt — Fragrant

1. pensitivity101 August 7, 2018 / 9:40 am

At least he does it in the litter box. Cat poop is worse than dog poo, especially if you tread in it. E-ew!

• Fandango August 7, 2018 / 10:40 am

Yeah, he’s good about limiting his poop to the little box.

2. Sight11 August 7, 2018 / 10:15 am

Way to make my day, now I will be reminded of this again and again..

3. cagedunn August 7, 2018 / 2:26 pm

And is there a special one, just for visitors unwelcome? Ours did that, and then wandered past the intruder, tail up, tip flicking.

4. calmkate August 7, 2018 / 3:18 pm

lol well I could certainly turn my nose up at this odour! Good take …

5. leigha66 August 9, 2018 / 11:29 am

Sweet looking little kitties can bring HUGE smells with them. But all is forgiven when they purr in your lap! 😉