On the Street Where I Live

This past Sunday’s Song Lyric Sunday prompt from Helen Vahdati had the theme “street.” My first inclination for the prompt was to go with “On the Street Where You Live,” the Lerner and Loewe song from the 1956 Broadway musical “My Fair Lady.” But then I chose to go in a different direction.

But it got me thinking that it might be interesting to ask my fellow bloggers to take pictures on the streets where they live and to post them on their blogs.

So, to get things started, here is a picture on the street where I live. 49D77CB4-6E3B-4134-9943-63A5C0B26F19Yes, I ran it through a filter because I don’t know any of my neighbors and I don’t want to go around knocking on their doors asking permission to show their homes on my blog. But that’s probably not really necessary unless you have very litigious neighbors.

So, your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to take a picture (or pictures) on the street where you live and post it/them on your blog. If you choose to accept this assignment, title your post “On the Street Where I Live” and either create a pingback to this post or include a link a comment on this post.

This post will self destruct in five seconds.BFC60DB0-F9A0-45D9-87B2-57C094711A95

38 thoughts on “On the Street Where I Live

• Fandango August 1, 2018 / 5:24 pm

Yes, the section of the city I live in is relatively flat (for San Francisco).

1. Marilyn Armstrong August 1, 2018 / 6:52 pm

You can’t use THEIR pictures, but you can take a picture of a house and you do not need anyone’s permission unless you invaded a private estate. People take streets shots all the time. A house is just there. It’s in public.

• Fandango August 1, 2018 / 7:12 pm

So I was being concerned about nothing. I do that upon occasion.

2. sonyavdg August 1, 2018 / 7:29 pm

I’m trying to take and post a photo a day drawing on various prompts and challenges. Gullible had me a bit stumped, but I should be able to manage this one when I get home tonight.

• Fandango August 1, 2018 / 7:38 pm

I’m looking forward to seeing it.

3. Léa August 2, 2018 / 1:04 am

Perhaps I shall take you up on that. I have tons of photos of my street, village…
    My regards to the city by the bay. I spent a lot of time there and it is my favorite city in the entire Country.

• Léa August 2, 2018 / 10:43 pm

Alas, I still not get to it. I’ve been over to a friend’s tiny village (pop: 70) celebrating life. Also, a touch of the grape as that village has the best wine going for my euros…

• Fandango August 2, 2018 / 10:47 pm

Sounds like you’ve been having a lot of fun. Lucky you! So no worries. Get to it if and when you can.

• Léa August 3, 2018 / 12:21 am

It is tough but someone must live this life. Last night started the annual Summer Nights of music, dancing (until about 5am) with carnival vendors, rides for the children…

• Fandango August 3, 2018 / 7:09 am

Very cool. But 5 am? Those days are gone for me.

• Léa August 3, 2018 / 7:12 am

Ah, but there are many here who enjoy it all and I feel what’s the harm in a few lost night’s of sleep?

4. James August 2, 2018 / 4:32 am

Don’t think I want to create an entire blog post just for where I live, but I did upload a photo here: https://poweredbyrobotsblog.files.wordpress.com/2018/08/house.jpg

It was taken last May from my front porch during a thunderstorm.

Oh, nearly 40 years ago, I lived in San Francisco in the Richmond District, specifically a four-bedroom flat above the Pacific Café at 34th and Geary.

• Fandango August 2, 2018 / 7:59 am

Looks like a nice, suburban neighborhood. I have eaten at that restaurant, Pacific Café. Good seafood.

5. Léa August 4, 2018 / 2:58 am

The post is scheduled for tomorrow morning. I hope you enjoy a few photos from my street and I shall leave you with this quote to ponder on.
    “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” – Elmer Davis

• Fandango August 4, 2018 / 8:03 am

Great quote. I may use it for my next One-Liner Wednesday prompt response if you don’t mind.

I’m looking forward to your photos.

• Léa August 4, 2018 / 8:27 am

Honestly, I had hoped you would find a way to use it.

6. leigha66 August 4, 2018 / 10:58 pm

What a fun idea… I will have to take a picture this weekend, it is a little dark out there now.

7. Helen Vahdati August 12, 2018 / 9:24 am

This post is awesome. I actually took some pictures of my street one night and was planning to post them and title it “The Street Where I Live”. Now I feel even more compelled to do it. Great idea!