Friday Fictioneers — Gummies

img_1977The three of them walked slowly toward the house at the end of the pier. Trying hard not to slur his words, Alan said, “We’re almost there, Andrea.”

“I’m not as stoned as I think I am,” she responded.

Harry burst out laughing. “You mean you’re not as stoned as we think you are.”

“That’s what I said,” Andrea pointed out.

“No,” Alan replied. “You said you’re not as stoned as you think you are.”

“Same difference.” Andrea smiled and said, “I told you my grandson’s pot-infused gummies would sneak up on you. Let’s all go skinny dipping, shall we?”

(100 words)

Written for Rachel Wisoff-Fields’ Friday Fictioneers prompt. Picture credit: Ted Strutz.

24 thoughts on “Friday Fictioneers — Gummies

• pensitivity101 July 27, 2018 / 9:08 am

We’ve got the sizzling belly pork on our beach at the moment. Not a pretty sight. As Hubby says, all that lard and no bacon!

• Fandango July 27, 2018 / 9:29 am

“all that lard and no bacon!” Too funny!

• pensitivity101 July 27, 2018 / 10:41 am

You should see it…………… or maybe not. Once seen, cannot be unseen. (full circle on our comments I think) 🙂

1. Keigh Ahr July 27, 2018 / 8:16 am

Your humor has a nice pace to it. This made me laugh, which is what I needed on a Friday morning

• Fandango July 27, 2018 / 8:49 am

Thanks for the kind words. I’m glad you enjoyed it.

2. Dale July 27, 2018 / 8:35 am

This was fun! You’re never too old to partake…

3. James McEwan July 28, 2018 / 1:04 am

The joy’s of getting to that carefree age. Smoking pot and skinny dipping – only I don’t want to see their naked bodies , so remain submerged at all times, head only above the water.

4. pennygadd51 July 29, 2018 / 7:18 am

Haha! I like Andrea’s daredevil spirit! Very nicely related humorous story, Fandango.

5. leigha66 July 30, 2018 / 10:12 pm

Man I wish they would just hurry up and make it legal every where. I hear infused chocolate is quite good. Good story!