#FOWC — An Organized Mind

B520E40C-B666-4680-A24D-F56F1565747B.jpegI’ve always prided myself on having an organized mind. I have the ability to comparmentalize things in my head, and that enables me to save time and to get things accomplished in an otherwise chaotic world.

I use a method of classification to separate those things that are essential from those that are nice-to-haves and from those that are frivolous.

That’s not to say that I don’t do any frivolous things or that I avoid the nice-to-haves to focus exclusively on the essentials. I just make sure to get the essential stuff out of the way so I can enjoy those more frivolous things life has to offer.

Okay, Fandango, let’s get real. Yes, I compartmentalize things, but the truth is, while I ultimately get around to the essentials, doing the frivolous things is so much more fun.

Perhaps that’s why the “honey do” list my wife manages never seems to get any smaller.

Written for today’s Ragtag Daily Prompt, “time,” for the Your Daily Word prompt, “classification,” and for Fandango’s One-Word Challenge, “essential.”

8 thoughts on “#FOWC — An Organized Mind

1. Marilyn Armstrong July 22, 2018 / 1:41 pm

I used to compartmentalize, but that was WORK. Now, I only do that when something urgent comes up.

• Fandango July 22, 2018 / 1:46 pm

I used to be much better at it BEFORE I retired. Not so much anymore.

2. Mws R July 22, 2018 / 2:24 pm

I have always been regimented, not necessarily organized. I do things in a way that others cannot, I stay focused and my regimen gets done.

3. The Haunted Wordsmith July 22, 2018 / 3:26 pm

I compartmentalize everything…then throw them into a huge pile in the middle of the room, go swimming in it, stir it together, then complain because I can’t find anything…lol. However, it also means that I never have to worry about too much…because nothing ever seems to get done or happen. I like my uneventful life…lol

4. Sheryl July 23, 2018 / 6:52 am

lists always remind me of what I never bothered to do… oops.

5. leigha66 July 26, 2018 / 2:54 pm

With my fibro fog it is often just chaos in my mind… I rely heavily on lists and notes to get things done.

• Fandango July 26, 2018 / 4:40 pm

I have to make to-do lists. And grocery lists. In fact, if I want to remember anything important, I put it in a list on my iPhone.