WATW — Socks

C4730C9B-557C-49F1-9196-686AF639FAFA“Dammit. I’m not going to allow you to eat another sock!” Melinda yelled. “I already have too many singles without a matching sock.”

Melinda then flung herself into the industrial-sized dryer looking for the missing sock. After rummaging around for a minute or two, she jumped out of the machine and announced, “I got you!” and triumphantly held up the odd sock for everyone in the laundromat to bear witness to the success of her mission.

Written for Teresa’s Worth a Thousand Words photo prompt. Photo credit: Pexels @ pixabay.com.

9 thoughts on “WATW — Socks

1. Kenneth T. July 19, 2018 / 2:26 pm

Safety pins work wonders, I’ve used them for over 20 years. That, and I buy socks that are all the same color.

• Fandango July 19, 2018 / 3:30 pm

All of my socks these days are white. The only matching challenge I have is those with holes in the toes versus those with no holes.

2. Sight11 July 19, 2018 / 5:06 pm

Oh, the horrors I’ve seen while opening my dryer to see why it isn’t working.

3. writebrainwidow July 19, 2018 / 5:39 pm

Very good, very true. My dryer has eaten its fill of socks for sure, much to the chagrin of my late husband, poor guy.

• Fandango July 19, 2018 / 7:22 pm

Maybe he found all those missing socks in sock heaven. 🤔

4. Michael July 19, 2018 / 6:07 pm

Socks have a habit of becoming only children, their twin vanishes, especially the socks my children have.