And the Beat Goes On

A6D30048-47AA-4E79-A4B0-D5196C041697Even after what happened in Helsinki on Monday, the gutless, spineless, self-serving Republican senators continue to stand behind their treasonous traitor-in-chief. Today the Senate voted 51-48 to confirm Brian Benczkowski to lead the Justice Department’s criminal division on a near party-line vote. Only one Democrat, Joe Manchin of West Virginia, voted to confirm Benczkowski.

Benczkowski’s nomination was controversial because of his work as an attorney representing Alfa Bank, a Russian bank that first caught the attention of the FBI in 2016 when a group of computer scientists raised concerns about internet records showing that Alfa Bank servers repeatedly looked up the unique internet address of a Trump Organization computer server in the U.S.

Benczkowski was also a former lead staffer to Attorney General Jeff Sessions in the Senate and a Trump transition official. He said that he would not recuse himself from matters involving the ongoing Mueller probe despite that not doing so would be a glaring conflict of interest.

Democrats strongly opposed the nomination because of his Russian ties and because Benczkowski does not have enough experience in federal courtrooms to run the DOJ’s criminal division. But since when does Trump care if his nominees have any relevant experience for the positions to which he’s nominated them?

Sadly, the beat goes on. Does anyone need any more proof that the Republicans in Congress put party over country?

Vote those fuckers out of office in November.

19 thoughts on “And the Beat Goes On

1. bikerchick57 July 18, 2018 / 9:03 am

I don’t want summer to end, but November can’t come soon enough. And I hope that the level-headed citizens of this country make a huge difference. The majority of the Republican Party is disgraceful, corrupt, and people without compassion for their citizens or country. And the followers? I have no words because I simply don’t understand…

2. Michael July 18, 2018 / 9:07 am

I think there comes a point when you have to realise or recognise or accept that perhaps Trump is what the majority of Americans want. His party want it and the supporters of his party want it and they seem happy with it. In many ways it’s the same as brexit as ridiculous as it is the majority of people who voted for it wanted it. Both situations seem recklessly self-destructive but sometimes people make terrible decisions and they have to live with the consequences and I think you at least will be done with Donald Trump in another six years at the most where is we will have to live with the consequences of brexit forever and whilst I think in the long run it will probably turn out ok because for the most part we’re pretty industrious and resilient and hard-working it will be painful and the people who voted for it will probably be the ones that suffer the most and if that’s the case so fucking be it they deserve it

• Fandango July 18, 2018 / 12:28 pm

Donald Trump got 3 million FEWER votes than Hillary Clinton in 2016 and has a current approval rating hovering just north of 40%, so the majority of Americans DO NOT want Trump. But you’re right that the people who voted for him will suffer the most and they do fucking deserve it.

• Michael July 18, 2018 / 12:50 pm

Such a shame indeed…gotta keep hoping it’ll get better

3. Matt July 18, 2018 / 9:21 am

As much of a shitshow the UK government is right now, I’m so glad I’m not American 🙏

• Fandango July 18, 2018 / 12:30 pm

You’re lucky you’re not. Right now I wish I weren’t.

4. Léa July 18, 2018 / 9:27 am

And if there is “interference” in the November election? Is there a back-up plan? While I share your hopes, I’m afraid I cannot be so optomistic.

• Fandango July 18, 2018 / 12:31 pm

That is a real concern, but Trump and the Republicans are doing nothing to combat interference because it’s to their benefit to do nothing.

5. writebrainwidow July 18, 2018 / 9:48 am

There is pretty much zero chance the Republicans will use good sense, conscience or any shred of decency in anything they put forth and this is just another example. As for Manchin, he should just switch over the dark side and get it over with. No one really believes he’s a Democrat anymore.

6. baddadcartoons101 July 18, 2018 / 10:37 am

People that seemed upset with Trump over his Helsinki actions confuse me! Why would I be upset since I have followed his actions. For us followers (NOT SUPPORTERS) this was merely par for the course. Completely expected! I will not be surprised by any thing Trump can say or do in the future, no matter how idiotic and it will be idiotic!

7. Paula Light July 18, 2018 / 11:53 am

I was surprised some Republicans huffed about Trump’s groveling to Putin and he sorta backtracked a bit. His un-backtrack is more in character. His psycho-phants will continue to support him. Blech 🤮

• Fandango July 18, 2018 / 2:20 pm

Apparently Trump’s changing “would” to “wouldn’t” satisfied some Republicans. For example, Marco Rubio said that he was glad that the president “clarified” what he actually meant. And Rob Portman said he buys Trump’s “wouldn’t” revision, and takes the president at his word. Seriously?

8. Sight11 July 18, 2018 / 4:58 pm

Their should be a research on why their are Trump supporters even now? I want to know why and how these people made their mind to support him. It’s easy to dismiss it all as blind support, but why this support is created. That’s the big question?

• Fandango July 18, 2018 / 5:04 pm

He was different, a new and shiny object, quite a contrast to the tired, old, traditional politicians. And you know how babies are attracted to shiny things.