Traitor-in-Chief

E27597BA-C4F5-4865-B328-7E22790569EFI just watched the President of the United States of America perform a blatant act of treason for the whole world to witness. I am sitting here and typing this with tears in my eyes and feeling as if I just received a gut punch.

Please tell me that this is a nightmare or an episode of the “Twilight Zone.” This can’t possibly be real. This must be flash fiction.

41 thoughts on “Traitor-in-Chief

1. Suze July 16, 2018 / 9:40 am

hang in there. I missed whatever he said or did. off to check the networks now.

2. The Haunted Wordsmith July 16, 2018 / 9:42 am

I had it when I read things have never been worse between us and Russia. His followers are blindly buying it though. Hook line and sinker. I have to avoid twitter until it’s all over or else I won’t have a laptop left.

• Fandango July 16, 2018 / 4:46 pm

Yep they buy anything that comes out of that buffoon’s mouth.

• The Haunted Wordsmith July 16, 2018 / 4:51 pm

Many of his supporters are, Senators and Congress are not. There are so many speaking out against him this afternoon. It’ll be interesting to see where it all leads.

• Fandango July 16, 2018 / 5:38 pm

Not THAT many and their condemnations are relatively tame. Have any of them uttered the word “treason” or called him a traitor?

• The Haunted Wordsmith July 16, 2018 / 6:03 pm

A few senators have. True it’s not all, but the senate and house leaders are not happy, and a lot of constituents are not happy. Remember, all house seats are up for grabs and 32 (?) senate seats. November is coming up.

• Fandango July 16, 2018 / 6:22 pm

I wish the midterm elections were tomorrow. I’m afraid by November, today’s debacle will have been forgotten.

3. Embeecee July 16, 2018 / 9:56 am

Okay, I don’t wish to add to your distress, but what the hell did that f*cktard do now? And why is that asshole still in office if he is a traitor? Time was he’d have been thrown out on his over entitled ass and secretly killed or something…the only thing is that that WHOLE administration needs to be eliminated, not just the head of the snake.

I’m asking because I will not look. My ulcer is bad enough without trying to follow the insane acts of a madman..

4. writebrainwidow July 16, 2018 / 10:07 am

I second your comments whole and brokenheartedly. We watched a treasonous president crucifying our FBI, Intelligence community, the media alongside the Russian dictator. He talks with constant venom about Clinton, who didn’t win the presidency BECAUSE of Russian help. His toadies sit in the front row, grinning with approval while Rome burns. Fish rots from the head and today the stench in Helsinki is oppressive.

• magnoliajem July 16, 2018 / 10:34 am

“Like” only because I agree completely. Just as WordPress needs a love button, it also needs a crying button. Or, for our current state of affairs, a “wailing & keening” button.

• Fandango July 16, 2018 / 5:07 pm

Yes, the whole thing is disgusting and extremely disturbing.

5. Michael July 16, 2018 / 10:10 am

The beginning of the end of your great nation I’m afraid. You’re as shit as the rest of us now 🙂

6. pensitivity101 July 16, 2018 / 10:10 am

We were watching it and lost our feed on two different networks, which was actually terminated by the broadcasters. Looking at the feedback available to us, the POTUS has screwed up big time and a lot of angry senators are picking up on it. DT is out of his depth.

7. Suze July 16, 2018 / 10:13 am

OMG. It is so much worse than I thought. He needs to be impeached NOW.

8. Relax... July 16, 2018 / 10:25 am

State vs mankind. It’s been going on since B.C. Why didn’t we just stamp our coins, “In Politics We Trust”? Ugh. It was a nice dream, once, but we really did believe more in politics than in God. (He may not be looking away from this mess, but I am. I don’t want Trump’s or anyone else’s too-close devils to toggle my own.)

9. Osyth July 16, 2018 / 10:25 am

See it as a win. He can’t EVER keep his trap shut and that is what will sink him. Might even have done so this very day from what I am seeing.

10. JT Twissel July 16, 2018 / 12:49 pm

They will get him – too many intelligent people are out to get him.

• Fandango July 16, 2018 / 5:13 pm

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that those intelligent people will prevail.

• Fandango July 16, 2018 / 6:20 pm

Yes he does, but as long as Republicans control Congress, it ain’t gonna happen.

11. Michael July 16, 2018 / 6:01 pm

I saw a headline on a satirical site today: The winner of the 2016 Presidential election meets with Trump.
    Sort of says it all, doesn’t it.
    I think its a disgraceful situation, from this far away I hate to think what he’s going to say in relation to the ‘success’ of his meeting.

12. Sight11 July 16, 2018 / 7:12 pm

So EU is the foe, he winked at Putin. He said Russia didn’t meddled with the elections and it was US fault that their was bad beef between the two nations. Call someone to shoot him. That’s the only way to save America.

13. Léa July 16, 2018 / 11:02 pm

If only I could say, I am surprised. I cannot. Now, the question that the rest of the world is asking, What will the people of America do? How will they respond? Or, will they?

14. theministryofshrawleywalks July 17, 2018 / 11:27 pm

I was really looking forward to a Fandango rant! He’s now gone back on his statement and said he said the wrong word! He’s totally out of his depth unfashionably stupid and I think scarred Putin has something on him.
    I’ll watch your blog with interest.
    Keep on keeping on

• Fandango July 18, 2018 / 6:53 am

I’ve been busy hosting out of town guests, but maybe my One-Liner Wednesday post from a few hours ago will work.

15. leigha66 July 19, 2018 / 5:42 am

First time in my life I have been scared about where the president is leading the nation… now he says it was a word misspoken. Any other tall tales he wants to share?